Funniest Storys From 50's Primetime Cafe

Bertnie20

Mouseketeer
What are all your favorite/funniest storys from 50's?

Never been there but I heard its fun and trying to convince my dad to allow us to go there. (we have free quick service dining)

Last time I went our table didn't get bugged too much, but there was a large party next to us whose server used EVER trick in the book! It was HILARIOUS. He made them sing, got onto them for elbows, chastised a guy for not eating his veggies, and so much more! It was awesome! :thumbsup2

On Thanksgiving last year, DH got busted for texting at the table. Was put into time out & had to hold a napkin up against the wall with his nose. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

First time we took our daughter in law they asked her if she washed her hands in the bathroom. She said yes. They asked the color of the soap. She guessed wrong and had to go back and wash again.

We have not had very many exciting servers in the last couple of years, but about 3 years ago we had a good server. I refused to eat my vegetables so he sat down next to me and fed a large fork full of them to me doing the "airplane" noises. One time when I was younger, a server caught my mom doing something and made her stand with her nose against the wall and had everyone in the room say, "shame, shame, shame" at the same time. It was hilarious. I have found the antics to be very hit or miss lately, but I used to love how years ago, nobody was immune from being disciplined by a server.

Last visit in March, our server asked one of our party if she was done with her spaghetti and meatballs. He proceeded to sing "On Top of Spaghetti" very loudly, complete with reenactment. Last I saw, that meatball was heading towards Tower of Terror, leaving a tomatoey trail behind it on the floor.

What are all your favorite/funniest storys from 50's?

Never been there but I heard its fun and trying to convince my dad to allow us to go there. (we have free quick service dining)

just a quick note (I've never been there) - I'm pretty sure 50's Primetime is a TS not a QS so you'd have to pay OOP.

First time we took our daughter in law they asked her if she washed her hands in the bathroom. She said yes. They asked the color of the soap. She guessed wrong and had to go back and wash again.

I overheard something similar to that once! There was a guy (not in my group) who had come back from the bathroom, and a waiter asked him if he washed his hands. When he said yes, the waiter asked if the soap was liquid or a bar of soap. I might add that it was powder soap at that time (this was at least 10 years ago), so neither one would have been correct. ;)
As for stories involving my own family, there are lots of those, too. For example, on my very first trip in 1997, my mom didn't finish her green beans. The guy whose name tag said "Dad" (for those who don't know, they always have two older CMs playing "Mom" and "Dad" there) came over and did the "here comes the plane" thing and made my mom eat more green beans.

Another one involves a trip with another family that my family is friends with. This group had a total of 4 adults and 5 kids, so we had a table for the adults and a table for the kids. All of us kids ordered the peanut butter and chocolate shakes, and one of the girls from the other family knocked over three of them. The waiter came over to clean it up, and we saw that his name tag said "Topher," so my older sister and the girl who had knocked the shakes over (they're the same age) started calling him "Topher the gopher." His response was "you know, when girls your age make up poems about guys, it means they like them." Similar antics went on throughout the meal, and I sincerely hope our parents tipped him well (this was before the dining plan or anything similar existed).

Most recently, my sister and I went there on our trip in 2011 that was just the two of us. Our waiter basically was Neil Patrick Harris' (Barney from How I Met Your Mother, if you didn't know) lost twin, both in appearance and behavior. He gave my sister crap for texting at the table, plus he accused her of licking her plate when he saw that she had used her pork chop to wipe up all the barbecue sauce on the plate. He also had some hilarious responses to the light-up MJ glove I had gotten at Captain EO and brought there with me (we had hoppers). The best, though, was when he found out she was celebrating her birthday and brought her an ice cream sundae with popcorn as one of the toppings.

In 07 the grandpa in our group got in troule for getting out of his seat and walking around to look at the decor- They made him stand in the middle of our seating area and sing "I'm a Little Teapot"-- he didn't know the words...:rotfl2:

In 09 my mom got in trouble for not finishing her green beans, and the server fed them to her.

Good Morning Dewdrop said:
just a quick note (I've never been there) - I'm pretty sure 50's Primetime is a TS not a QS so you'd have to pay OOP.

Yeah I know. That's why I need to convince my dad :) if we were on the reg dp it wouldn't be a problem

I didn't really want to be the center of attention, so when instructed to eat my green beans, I hid them under the potatos, which worked swimmingly until my friend ratted me out.

They announced it to the room and fed them to me, airplane noises and all.

WCC once brought me a ginormous Sprite with a ginormous straw and told everyone I drank too much and to avoid me in the pool.

Hearing all these stories, I wish we had more involved servers. Both times we are here were just like being served at any other restaurant.

Boy do I have one of DS10! We took him to Disney for his first trip in 2006 when he was 4. I told DH that 50's Prime Time is an absolute MUST when at DHS and he understood why afterwards :happytv:

While we were eating, DS was starting to get tired. He was starting to go out a bit when our waitress came by and said, very loudly to him, "Finish those chicken nuggets!" DS was so startled that he practically hit the ceiling :rotfl: DH and I were sitting there :lmao: :rotfl: at our son's reaction. A little while later, DS managed to curl himself up on the chair and fell asleep with his butt in the air. Our waitress came back and was amazed that he was asleep in that position! So were we!

ETA: I forgot about the very first time I went. This was back when DHS (then MGM) was only about a year or so old and I was in my early 20's. My family (mom, dad and brother) and I went and our server would always remind us that "Mamma said no dessert if you can't finish your dinner." Which didn't bother my brother or me b/c we figured at that point we were too full for dessert anyway.

I once didn't eat all of my green beans so when I asked for dessert our waitress apparently already knew what I wanted. She then proceeded to come out with a plate of green beans with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top. I didn't think she expected me to eat them so when she came back to an empty plate she was surprised. :rotfl:

Another time we went, a friend of mine didn't want dessert so he said "nothing" when our waitress came and took our order. She came out with a plate with "nothing" written in chocolate syrup.

We went for the first time in June and our "cousin" was great.
We got no elbows on the table. And I had to set the table. Also, say please and thank you. At one point my DD didn't say please, and I reminded her-only to be told I need to be sure to take care of myself and not worry about others.:dance3:

Also, one of our friends joined us. He didn't eat the corn that he specifically substituted for something and she pointed out "you wanted them, eat them"
He also got caught taking his toy (cell phone) out after dinner (she told us no toys at the table in the beginning) since he did, he had to scrape and stack all the dirty dishes. lol, we loved it!!

On Thanksgiving last year, DH got busted for texting at the table. Was put into time out & had to hold a napkin up against the wall with his nose. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When DH pulls out his phone to check his FB account or whatever during meals, DS10 and I will look at him and in unison, say, "No tech at the table!" It would be very interesting to see if he gets into "time out" at 50's PT :rolleyes: :laughing:.

For our trip in 2008, my DD did not eat her veggies. Our "cousin" came over and tried the airplane game, when that didn't work DD had to help clear the table and bring the dishes to the kitchen.

During that same visit, someone in our room was celebrating a birthday and not only did we have to sing, but we all had to sign a birthday card.

And finally, I was taking a picture of my family and got "yelled" at for not taking pictures of my cousins at the other tables. So know I have a couple of pictures of 2 families I don't even know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter