Funny DVC stories to tell...share yours here

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
I was just reading a post about pontoon boats at OKW and it brought to mind a funny experience we had several years back.

We rode a bus from MK over to OKW one chilly night just to check out the resort. We were gonna stay there in the near future and thought it would be cool to see it beforehand. After milling around the HH for a bit we decided to ride the pontoon over to DTD then catch a bus back to VWL.

Well on the boat ride over, it was downright cold! Our boat captain was sorta of a dry sense of humor fellow. I wont say his name to protect him, but many of you OKW faithful will know who I am speaking of. Some friends of ours here in town who own at OKW knew him by name as soon as we described him.

Anyway, we were chugging along and getting close to DTD, we could see lights. He is bundled to the point of having a face wrap with only his eyes showing. We are freezing out on the open water. Outta the blue in his dry tone, he says "if it gets below 50*, I have to stop the boat." Its right at 52* at that moment. So I asked him, "do we have to jump out and swim to shore" and he, in his dry, slow, monotone voice, turns and says, "Sir, we're not that cruel here."

I thought I was gonna bust a gut when he said that, and my DD couldnt stop laughing to save herself.

So do yall have any funny DVC moments to share?

My funny story was actually a cute one involving a little girl but my Dh and I were mortified. I have 3 teenage sons who are typical teenagers but big, my 15 year olds are 6' 1 and 170 lbs and my 13 year old is ~5' 10. They have normal teenage appetites, which means they'll eat any thing that's not moving if they have a little bit of ketchup. 2 years ago we finally tried the crystal palace character buffet in MK, we've never really did a buffet at Disney. Well, my sons mowed down this poor buffet. I now know how the folks in Savannah felt when Sherman and his boys came to town, I mean women were clutching their small children. There was nothing left. Of course this is perfectly normal for them so my oldest made a joke of how he was so hungry he was ready to eat piglet. Unfortunately, a little girl at the next table heard this, took one look at the Ds plate and when eyeore, piglet and pooh came around, told my son in no uncertain terms "Don't eat him". I tried to sneak out with another family...
:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

wonderful Eliza 61 ---I've three healthy sons -never fails to amaze me how much they can eat.

LOL, yep, sounds like typical teenage boys!

My favorite story revolves around a "Disney Day" type experience we had given to us by a Disney bus driver. DS and I went to play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens while DH had to do some work on his computer at the villa at OKW. On our way back, DS and I missed the bus on it's first SWALPHIN stop, but ran and caught it inbetween stops. We were kind of suprised the guy stopped for us. Anyhoo...he introduced himself as "crazy Jim", and continued to pick up a bunch of rather inebriated sports reporters at the Dolphin before heading over to DTD. DS and I were in the first front facing seats on the bus, and those who had imbibed too much were all trying to stand in the aisle. Crazy Jim goes into this long running "monolog" and had most of us rolling with laughter. He quieted down about the time we got to light just before teh OKW gate. I said to DS, "Maybe Crazy jim can just drop us off here and we can walk the rest of the way". Well, Crazy Jim heard me and asked where we were walking to. I said OKW, and he said he could give us a Disney Day if we didn't mind getting off at Hospitality House. He then flipped his sign to say "special", and drove into OKW, dropped the two of us off at HH, and went on his way to DTD!!! That night, we played Scrabble in the villa, and since it was the last night of our trip, I asked DS what his favorite part of the trip was. It was that bus ride, and playing mini golf and beating us at Scrabble!! LOL, crazy how little things mean so much!

We have many comical stories from all of our family trips, most of them directly related to our mishaps and carefree attitude while vacationing and blunders, which we stumble into. Anyway, one story comes to mind after having read the "crazy jim" (bus driver) story as we were on a bus back to OKW from MK during a mid December stay...

It seemed most everyone was exhausted and had a long day from the festivities of the holidays and were sitting quiet and motionless on the bus. No one was talking and children were lying across parents and sibling’s laps simply waiting to arrive back to the resort. The bus was real silent when out of nowhere the bus driver asked, "does anyone know any Christmas carols?" The response from the passengers was moans and groans of acknowledgment and it went silent again.

Shortly there after, out of no where, my brother began to sing "Rudolf" and decided to sing the childrens, mock version, with comedic ad-libs to the words (many people had never heard this version and were hysterical). Anyway, by the third line of the song a few people had started to join in and by the 4th line I would estimate 85% of the bus was singing along and cheering and really getting into it. When the song ended everyone was cheering and clapping and many were yelling, "encore". My brother stood up jokingly and bowed and asked "any requests?" and a little girl of about maybe 7 or 8 sitting across from us in her Cinderella outfit replied back "can you sing jingle bells with the batman smells?" in the cutest little voice.

Her parents were mortified by her response and were turining bright red and began to "shush" the little girl while the whole bus broke into laughter. My brother smiled and winked at the little girl and as the laughter died down, he began singing the jingle bells, batman smells song for the girl who was thrilled. She sat and stared intently at my brother, all along smiling ear to ear while mouthing the words along with him. The entire bus watched this little girl in absolute bliss as if her dreams had come true. It was absolutely hilarious and a great end to a long festive magical day.

It was definitely the highlight of that particular trip for our family and a memory shared by everyone on that bus, that would not soon be forgotten. If by chance anyone reading this happened to have been on that bus ride (no question, you would recall if you were there) feel free to PM me...

Does anyone remember when Mama Melrose used to have "all-you-can-eat" pasta dishes? Well, we certainly do:

When MM had that, on one of our family trips (DS 19, DS 17, DD 5), we certainly took advantage of that.;) At the time, both "boys" were masquerading as Human Garbage Disposals, but DS 17 was even into body-building :eek: ! The pasta dishes kept coming (and I was slowly scooting down in my seat from the looks of the other diners). Finally, after 4 big servings (aside from all the bread and sodas), my DS 19 gave up! However, my "Arnold-wannabee" kept going!:sad2:
Eventually, after six servings, yes 6, the CM's wised-up :-)rolleyes1 ), and much of the wait staff, plus any managers around, came marching over with a "certificate" (someone was an impromtu artist on the staff) proclaiming my son as the "Winner and All-time Champion Eater of Mama Melrose"! Everyone around us started applauding :yay: :yay: ! He loved it (and maybe took the "hint"?), and declared himself "done". For the longest time, he kept that piece of paper on the wall. :goodvibes

That's one of those "making memories" WDW moments that epitomizes Disney for us!:love:

It was definitely the highlight of that particular trip for our family and a memory shared by everyone on that bus, that would not soon be forgotten. If by chance anyone reading this happened to have been on that bus ride (no question, you would recall if you were there) feel free to PM me...

I think that is one of the best things I love about being a DVC'er, since we visit wdw often we are able to really enjoy the "little things" that make our memories. some times I troll the trip planning forums and I feel so bad for the folks who are trying to plan the "perfect" trip that they miss out on the real magic.

first of all let me thank you all for this thread. i love it.

allmost a year and a half ago when my granddaughter was 4 we were waiting at the bc for a bus that appeared to be lost and a seven yr old boy was practicing his hip-hop dancing which we were all enjoying. suddenly my granddaughter challenged him to a dance off. she was breakdancing. this challenge continued for quit a long time and intertained us all untill the late bus arrived. we were all supprised at how accomplished they both were and what a good time we all had. if the bus had been on time this would not have happened. ;)

i love the terrific interaction that can take place at wdw.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter