Funny Memes

The sequel we wanted but never got.....View attachment 662287

The Wizard of Oz did get a sequel. It was called Return to Oz. It terrified many 80s children. My mom taped it off tv for me. She clearly didn't watch it before she gave it to me. She sat me in front of the tv to watch it while she worked in the kitchen. I went into the kitchen a while later to tell her I didn't want to watch it because it was too scary. She didn't believe me! Her reply was "Scary? How can it be scary? It's the Wizard of Oz!"

The Wizard of Oz did get a sequel. It was called Return to Oz. It terrified many 80s children. My mom taped it off tv for me. She clearly didn't watch it before she gave it to me. She sat me in front of the tv to watch it while she worked in the kitchen. I went into the kitchen a while later to tell her I didn't want to watch it because it was too scary. She didn't believe me! Her reply was "Scary? How can it be scary? It's the Wizard of Oz!"

Return to Oz is HORRIFYING! I have cited this before - the desert where if you touch the sand you turn into sand 😮 - and this happens to people in the movie! Apparently, this is also pretty accurate to many of the original Oz books. It was a Disney movie and it's also on Disney+, so if you want to be freaked out, add it to your queue!

Return to Oz. It terrified many 80s children..."Scary? How can it be scary? It's the Wizard of Oz!"
I remember that too! It was definitely scary!!
Return to Oz is HORRIFYING!...Apparently, this is also pretty accurate to many of the original Oz books.
Yes! And yes, the books were way creepier than the original movie - and some scenes in that scared kids plenty. The lady who played the witch even went on Mr. Rogers' to alleviate some of those fears:

I was actually dying to see this as a kid. Then about 30-some years later, finally saw it, and repeatedly uttered Whiskey Tangoed Foxtrots throughout the whole ordeal. It was actually kind of a depressing movie.

I remember that too! It was definitely scary!!

Yes! And yes, the books were way creepier than the original movie - and some scenes in that scared kids plenty. The lady who played the witch even went on Mr. Rogers' to alleviate some of those fears:
Margaret Hamilton was also on the Paul Lynde Halloween special, with none other than Witchypoo from H.R. Pufnstuf, and, of course, KISS.

image-asset.jpeg

lynde2.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm aware of the "Return to Oz" sequel. (It was really bad!)

My post said that "Wizard of Oz 2" was the sequel we wanted. Unfortunately, it was "Return to Oz" that we were given. 😖

I don't know that I'd call it bad, but it is certainly weird and very frightening.

I watched it recently with a friend who had never seen it and I warned him that it was pretty crazy - and it is, but it holds up pretty decently if you are into that sort of thing,

Return to Oz is HORRIFYING! I have cited this before - the desert where if you touch the sand you turn into sand 😮 - and this happens to people in the movie! Apparently, this is also pretty accurate to many of the original Oz books. It was a Disney movie and it's also on Disney+, so if you want to be freaked out, add it to your queue!

I don't remember a lot about the movie. I'm not sure I even finished it.... But the talking heads on the pedestals are forever burned into my brain. 😨 I need to watch it again... and make my mom watch it. 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter