Funny Memes

I sat through all those with my kids watching them and I was born in 1948. I think it only fair that boomers should start posting some stuff from our era to see how clever the Gen X's really are. I'll have to start looking at some old photo to see if any of it might be a bit difficult, I mean easy to figure out.
Oh goodie

Looks like my mom. She always did that, and she was tricky too. I often tell this story, but it is my "A Christmas Story" moment. I had wanted a Super Nintendo more than anything in 1991 when they came out. They were expensive though and hard to get. I was sure I didn't get one, especially since there was no box that size under the tree. Not only did my mom get it, she opened it up, wrapped the console in bubble wrap and wrapped it individually. It was soft so it seemed like clothes or something that no kid ever has been excited about. 🤣 I pulled off the corner of the bubble wrap and saw the back - it took me a minute, but then it was the most exciting thing ever!

She did that all the time too. She had hidden a Ninja Turtles video game in a box of Ninja Turtles cereal, and resealed it, so the box just seemed like a stocking stuffer. She's thoughtful like that, and still tries to hide things in the wrong-sized boxes, etc. so nobody can tell what they are. She's the best!

Ok, you are the same age as my mom, born in '48. Boomer, don't get me wrong, I love you as you represent those who raised me. But you should know by now Gen X is the forgotten generation - its always Boomers and Millennials. And as it appears we can't even get this little nugget without a fight. :rotfl: j/k
Maybe all the whining is the reason why many of us are trying to forget? You are the age of my daughters and, I can tell you, they don't allow me to forget them. Rest assured as soon as all of we Boomers have played our last hand, it will be the Millennials that are going to be the forgotten generation. Elders always rule and the Gen Z encompasses my grandchildren.

I think who ever started labeling these are a little confused. If I'm a Boomer and my children are Gen X then by simple logic the next generation should be the Millennials instead of Gen Z. What that caused is a whole group of people born without parents apparently. (no pun intended). This is how it should have been divided.

The generations should be no less then 23 years apart due to the fact that since the Boomer generation people have started families a bit later then they did in my parents generation. They should have been and in my mind were in the so called "Greatest Generation" with it starting around 1923 and should be just before the Boomers and the previous to them should have been the Silent Generation. Our parents were anything but silent and were part of WWII. Somebody didn't think this out. It is clearly obvious that if I am a Boomer, then my children should be Gen X and their children should have been primarily Millennials. My way would give every Generation an equal time to be loud and obnoxious. It's difficult to match Generations without actual generations. Right now, a few of my grandchildren's age, might have had children but most still have time to keep it all in the right generation. It is possible that if one started out early enough they could have children that fall within their same generation, but it should go more by the statistics of when people generally started families.

• The Baby Boomer Generation – born 1946-1969.. Middle age to nearly dead.
  • Generation X – born 1970-1993.. Middle age and younger
  • Millennials – born 1994-2017.. Which should make "MIlls" the current leaders and shakers.
  • Generation Z – born 2018-2041.. At most right now should be no more than 5 years old.
  • Gen Alpha – doesn't even become a thing until 2042.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter