Future Cruise Credit for Changed Itinerary

SomePixiedust

DIS Veteran
We are being offered 20% off a future cruise for an itinerary change. The email states to call and mention the reservation number the week after we disembark. Do we still book a placeholder while on board and then that will be replaced with the 20% off offer when we call or do we do nothing on board and just call for the offer. I definitely don't want to miss out. (Dare I dream and we could get both a 10% off placeholder AND the 20% off offer 🤣🤣)

Do we still book a placeholder while on board and then that will be replaced with the 20% off offer when we call or do we do nothing on board and just call for the offer.
The one doesn't "replace" the other. They are 2 different things, and you may (or not?) be allowed to stack them. I think this is one of the very rare times that Disney allows stacking of discounts.

So there is nothing to lose by making a placeholder onboard. Pay the $250 and it is fully-refundable if you don't end up using it. It is valid for 2-years and will automatically refund if not used by that time, or you can cancel it sooner for the refund.

The Future Cruise Credit likely cannot be applied to the placeholder but can be applied to a specific date -- possibly one you already have booked or one that you will book in the future. There is probably a deadline to use it (maybe 1 year?) to pay attention to that information and keep the letter you received.

We are being offered 20% off a future cruise for an itinerary change. The email states to call and mention the reservation number the week after we disembark. Do we still book a placeholder while on board and then that will be replaced with the 20% off offer when we call or do we do nothing on board and just call for the offer. I definitely don't want to miss out. (Dare I dream and we could get both a 10% off placeholder AND the 20% off offer 🤣🤣)
For those types of discounts, they can sometimes be stacked (it depends on how DCL sets the terms). We received a 20% FCC back in April on the Wish, and we were able to use both the placeholder and the FCC on the same future cruise.

I would book a placeholder either way. Either you stack it with the FCC, or you have a discount on another future cruise (that is refundable if you decide not to use it). But the FCC won't 'replace' the placeholder; you'll get to keep both (and if you're lucky, use both on the same booking).

This is not FCC that Disney is giving, it's a discount on a future sailing....very different things.

What's the difference? I thought that's what FCC was-a credit/discount to use on a future sailing . . .
I think PP is saying a "credit" is usually a dollar-value vs a % discount. Sometimes DCL will offer both (such as 20% off and $200 per guest on the impacted cruise). I think it's been clear this thread is specifically talking about a discount offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter