Future DVC Vilas????

lovepooh

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this question has been posted before but I am curious if Disney has released where their next new DVC vilas will be? I saw someone have a Contemporary Resort Vilas Picture in their signature and was wondering if this is actually something Disney is working on? Does anybody know?

Strongest rumors are for Contemporary Villas and Villas at Grand Californian at Disneyland Resort in California. Both rumors have strong evidence supporting them, and these rumors are supported by many other Disney Related Web sites as well.

Right now just the AKV is the only new DVC resort. The Contemporary is a wish right now for many and still a big rumor.

AKV isn't projected to open fully until 2009 so it could be quite a while before anything - if anything - is announced.

well the north wing at the Cont is gone.

this is the rumor site of a DVC resort.

something is going up here - you guess!!!

my daughter just returned from WDW and the monorail driver told her that the north wing of the CR "is" the next DVC resort...guaranteed...take it to the bank...no doubt about it...as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow...

which means...absolutely nothing....

my daughter just returned from WDW and the monorail driver told her that the north wing of the CR "is" the next DVC resort...guaranteed...take it to the bank...no doubt about it...as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow...

which means...absolutely nothing....
Yep. Jay Rasulo doesn't invite the monorail drivers to join him in closed-door meetings in which final decisions are made.

Now, in this particular case, there's a lot of evidence that the monorail driver us right -- primarily filings with government entities which indicate "Disney Vacation Club" in documents, and which show floor plans with kitchens, similar to other DVC resorts.

However, even if WDW hourly cast members "know" that something is true, that only means that they're reading and repeating the same rumors that we are.

I agree with everything said here.

DVC will still be selling points at Saratoga Springs for about a year and they JUST started selling at AKV about 6 weeks ago. The bulk of the rooms at AKV won't even open for nearly 2 years.

If the CR is the next WDW property, it's probably 2-3 years away from opening.

In dollars-and-cents, someone waiting for the CR is likely to pay $9-12 more per point than current prices ($104.) For the past 3-4 years DVC has established a pattern of raising prices $3 per point about every 9-10 months.

I agree with everything said here.

DVC will still be selling points at Saratoga Springs for about a year and they JUST started selling at AKV about 6 weeks ago. The bulk of the rooms at AKV won't even open for nearly 2 years.

If the CR is the next WDW property, it's probably 2-3 years away from opening.

In dollars-and-cents, someone waiting for the CR is likely to pay $9-12 more per point than current prices ($104.) For the past 3-4 years DVC has established a pattern of raising prices $3 per point about every 9-10 months.

Only 2-3 years away? That means that they will start selling next year. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter