Future of Star Tours?

Probably stay through the 50th anniversary of WDW to help with the crowds and then it will probably get the chop. Don’t see it getting bulldozed but rethemed to something else.

What it will be is anyone’s guess as I can’t see anything come to mind that would fit.

despite being thematically out of the star wars land......doesn't mean it won't fit in where it is. Galaxy's edge is a certain world in the star Wars universe. Star Tours could simply be elsewhere. It could also be re-themed no doubt. However, I don't see any rush to pull it offline even when Star Wars Galaxy's edge comes online. The park will be mobbed, and they will need any attractions online they can muster, especially a star wars themed one.

Please ditch Star Tours for an actual ride. I can watch a movie on my own. You can still do the media thing, but make it more of a ride that takes people on a journey. Disney could stand to take a lesson from some of the Universal rides...serious.

Part of me thinks they should reroute the exit into galaxy’s edge. All it will require is a ramp behind mama melrosas and you’re in the tunnels. Figured this might be cool considering galaxy’s edge (batuu more specifically) is currently the end destination in the film

Part of me thinks they should reroute the exit into galaxy’s edge. All it will require is a ramp behind mama melrosas and you’re in the tunnels. Figured this might be cool considering galaxy’s edge (batuu more specifically) is currently the end destination in the film
Apparently the plan to do this was cancelled.

It seems like they would seriously consider getting rid of star tours, since the AT-AT is not completed (open structure like you are on a backlot), the entrance is the Ewok planet, the exit it tattoine. It won't fit thematically with the area. I could see them just making an indoor permanent structure for Jedi Training. Perhaps running two different experiences alternating like Story Time with Belle. It is curious the way they walled off the muppets area from Star Tours as well.

Iron Man cannot be used in WDW.
They can in land though correct? Just can’t be marketed as marvel I know that. Was thinking land might convert their’s as a possibility considering opposite sides of the same park and all

It seems like they would seriously consider getting rid of star tours, since the AT-AT is not completed (open structure like you are on a backlot), the entrance is the Ewok planet, the exit it tattoine. It won't fit thematically with the area. I could see them just making an indoor permanent structure for Jedi Training. Perhaps running two different experiences alternating like Story Time with Belle. It is curious the way they walled off the muppets area from Star Tours as well.

I agree it doesn't fit, but I also agree that I don't see them ditching a Star Wars attraction to eat crowds once SWGE opens up and will attract Star Wars fans (some of which may have never gone to WDW before). Probably means Launch Bay will stick around too for a while.

But really I feel they need to ditch the whole Star Tours/Indiana Jones area and make a new "land" over there. Neither attraction "fits' anymore.

I agree it doesn't fit, but I also agree that I don't see them ditching a Star Wars attraction to eat crowds once SWGE opens up and will attract Star Wars fans (some of which may have never gone to WDW before). Probably means Launch Bay will stick around too for a while.

But really I feel they need to ditch the whole Star Tours/Indiana Jones area and make a new "land" over there. Neither attraction "fits' anymore.
Yes, they wouldn't get rid of it immediately. And the new random sequences help the re-rideability as does adding more scenes with each new movie. I just hope that we don't end up with a fragmented park where 50% is Star Wars, 20% is Toy Story, and the last 25% is old school Hollywood/California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter