Future Trends for VGC resale?

Run the cost of additional dues and taxes you’ll pay every stay.

Not knocking your direct price, it’s great! Especially because Disney will probably create some other great DVC resorts at DLAND in the future and the direct points will work there….But over the life of the contract the dues, taxes, and inflation on those dues and taxes will dwarf the cost of the upfront buy in.
Those costs may dwarf the upfront cost on a nominal basis but on a net present value, the pendulum swings towards lower buy in. I personally wouldn't buy VDH because I want to stay at VGC but if you really are doing a financial analysis you shouldn't ignore time value of money.

Those costs may dwarf the upfront cost on a nominal basis but on a net present value, the pendulum swings towards lower buy in. I personally wouldn't buy VDH because I want to stay at VGC but if you really are doing a financial analysis you shouldn't ignore time value of money.
I agree. Although I also pay for the covered parking in a garage close to the airport as opposed to an open lot with a bus…. so quality and convenience are more important to me than just price.

Here is an article published by DVC fan when VDH first launched the point chart and pricing:

https://dvcfan.com/2023/05/09/is-disneyland-hotel-or-grand-californian-a-better-investment/?amp=1

I agree. Although I also pay for the covered parking in a garage close to the airport as opposed to an open lot with a bus…. so quality and convenience are more important to me than just price.

Here is an article published by DVC fan when VDH first launched the point chart and pricing:

https://dvcfan.com/2023/05/09/is-disneyland-hotel-or-grand-californian-a-better-investment/?amp=1

Totally off topic but our last two trips, we decided to splurge on "premium" parking at our airport. Now we can never go back to the open lot with the shuttle again.

Totally off topic but our last two trips, we decided to splurge on "premium" parking at our airport. Now we can never go back to the open lot with the shuttle again.
My work let me park in the garage at Newark when I lived in NJ and the whip saw between fancy work parking and my refusal to pay a dollar more than I had to for personal parking was painful each and every time.

But I saved enough each trip to buy 3-4 more DVC points.

Yeah...we don't fly much. Usually a year or two between trips. So not a massive deal for us, thankfully. Also, we almost always travel in the dead of winter so it's just much nicer than coming back to an iced over vehicle or one covered in a foot of snow. Ha!

And the level we park on is the one that has the interior walkway to the building, which is also nice when it's cold out.

Uh-oh. Careful with your first 1BR stay. It probably won't be your last....

If all goes well, we will be in a 1BR at BRV in January. And yeah...it's the main reason we decided to go for that extra BRV contract. Ha!

We will still need more VGC if we want to do a 1BR every time there though, unfortunately.

I think that’s true of nearly every DVC at WDW vs Direct at Riviera and yet that hasn’t helped prop up their prices over the last 18 months.
Maybe that’s because WDW has so much more competition. With DL there’s very few choices and that’s not changing soon.

There’s VDH direct - 50 years and 100% unrestricted while owned, but its expensive buy-in, dues and ToT plus risk of resale hurt with the single resort. Or there’s Aulani direct/resale with those particular pros/cons. But that’s about it for VGC competition in DVC.

For WDW there’s choices no matter the goals and dealbreakers. What a buyer prioritizes usually has several options. The different resale resorts keep each other in check. Want monorail? VGF and Poly can’t go too crazy if BLT is low. Want good sleep around points? Can’t go too high while Copper Creek’s longer contract isn’t much more, or Animal Kingdom adds value with home priority benefits. They all put pressure on each other. OKW 2024 dues flirted with $10pp, that dented resale value and had a ripple effect to other economical resorts. BW and BC took their lumps in recent years. They dropped quicker than difference in contract years left and I think because other options improved.

Back in 2019 the boards buzzed when VGF resale listed over $200pp (one was $209!). It was already moving upward after selling out and then the MK walkway was announced. The price settled back down though. It peaked again in the run-up to VGF2 sales opening.
Settled back down. Nothing at WDW stays extra special for too long 🤣

wow, I just checked VDH and VGC for studios or one bedrooms from now until November, I found a total of 3 nights, all midweek and 2 were November. If you want to stay in at the Disneyland resort you have to buy one of the 2
That may change when VDH is fully declared.
Both true. :)

The value is there for VGC, then you add in the "feels" factor.

How long has VGC been available on the add-on tool direct? I thought they had stopped selling it years ago.

How long has VGC been available on the add-on tool direct? I thought they had stopped selling it years ago.
No. someone here reported buying direct points last year.

Disney very rarely has points to sell. They never ROFR it, so any points they get are surrenders or non-payment. A perusal of the OC/FL database taught me that those are pretty common the first 5-7 years of a resort (Disney was acquiring 20-30 contracts each month for Poly alone in 2019, without ROFRing a single contract), but VGC is old enough that those should be relatively rare.

But when it does happen, you better believe they’re gonna sell the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter