FYI Annual Pass Sales Halted

Currently Disney has just halted annual pass sales except for the Florida resident pass. View attachment 624856 https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/benefits-of-becoming-a-passholder/
This kind of stinks if you were planning on upgrading existing tickets during your trip. Maybe there will be some sort of workaround I am not aware of, but it seems like if you are unable to do it while the tickets are active (or recently so), you won’t be able to use the tickets as a credit or get any of the benefits of having the AP (discounts, parking, photo pass upgrade for $99)

I'm moving to Orlando early next year and this has me seriously concerned.

I'm moving to Orlando early next year and this has me seriously concerned.
I moved to Florida in 2019, but wasn't financially ready to buy passes before COVID hit. You won't get any sympathy from me unless this "pause" lasts a couple years, especially since there's still a level of pass available.

I moved to Florida in 2019, but wasn't financially ready to buy passes before COVID hit. You won't get any sympathy from me unless this "pause" lasts a couple years, especially since there's still a level of pass available.

That's fair, I understand it could be worse. That being said, I don't understand why they would pause them. I assume they will most likely resume sales early 2022.

Why sell AP’s for two months? Why not set a deadline for people to purchase the AP’s?? People planned to give kids AP’s for Christmas. DVCers are planning multiple trips. Geez, they appear to continue the middle finger approach to the customers. It makes no sense. The stock prices has dropped 14.5 % in 2 weeks. That is only 48 billion the company was devalued.

How in the world did the BOD think Bob Chapek was capable?

This sucks. We were absolutely planning on APs for our May and Sept trips.

I really think you'll be fine. I think this is directly related to not enough reservations over the holidays the next 6 weeks for APs. Some dates are already unavailable. Adding more to the pool is likely only to upset people.

The fact they are still selling Pixie Dust AP leans to this ... these APs are mostly blocked out the rest of the year so they don't have to worry about the reservations.

BUT if they beginning selling again, I'd buy a voucher ASAP. Summer months and new rides opening could increase sales.

My knee-jerk reaction: Geez, I hope Disney calms down by next summer. Our current AP's end in September and, as usual, I wasn't going to purchase until Spring 2023 but now ... EEK!

:rolleyes2 Then again, for us, we might just go back to purchasing day tickets. I kinda like light park vacations now.

It says "new sales". Does that mean I can renew an existing annual pass?

Renewals are fine.

This is really more about to prevent what happened in DL. They sold passes, and people can't get into the parks because the reservations are full. If they were going to increase the price, I doubt they would have paused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter