FYI: More Cuts Coming

Rapunzel moved to Princess Fairytale Hall after she left Fairy Tale Gardens. She currently meets there with Cinderella.

These cuts don't seem like they'll be ending anytime soon.

On the heels of yesterday's hefty price increases, word just came down that 10 of the 29 streetmosphere entertainers (9 of which are full time) at DHS are being cut, so their contracts won't be renewed. Additionally, Fairy Godmother at MK is being cut. Some other unconfirmed cuts are also coming.

For all we know the whole tiering thing on the 1 day could just be a big thing to stop you from getting a 1 day ticket. We don't know if they'll do more. Of course if it all becomes like that, they might as well put all the corporate executives in the place of the villains in Fantasmic and have them destroy Mickey (and the characters on the boat as well) because then no matter what you do, regular ticket buying will be a nightmare
I have heard that tiered pricing is coming to multi-day tickets next and one day tickets is only the start.

These cuts don't seem like they'll be ending anytime soon.

On the heels of yesterday's hefty price increases, word just came down that 10 of the 29 streetmosphere entertainers (9 of which are full time) at DHS are being cut, so their contracts won't be renewed. Additionally, Fairy Godmother at MK is being cut. Some other unconfirmed cuts are also coming.
Also another cut. The Liberty Square location for Sorcerers of the magic kingdom closed.

Saw KennyThePirate's report on the Disney Jr Dance Party possibly being another victim of the budget cuts. One of our favorite EMH events DS will be totally bummed if it stays off the schedule. Here's to hoping they didn't cut this extra magical event.

I have heard that tiered pricing is coming to multi-day tickets next and one day tickets is only the start.
That'd be horrible. It would show that they want to follow the CVS/Macy's model of not caring how much business they will lose by their excessively high prices because they feel it'll be made up by customers that still go there. I still think they'd see a huge downturn if it all were to go like that since that would push a lot of people over the edge on going there and new people would probably not be enough to compensate for that (not to mention would probably not have the loyalty of their old customers). Or maybe they want to force everyone into getting an AP. There's only so much you can do that though. If Disney keeps making decisions like this and alienating so many of their longtime fans then Universal will get a whole lot more business than they already do. Maybe that's what Disney wants for crowdedness now. Who knows what they want. I just know if they keep going like this their excessive greed will get the better of them and they'll lose tons of business. There's only so much you can do, even if you are Disney. Disney's charm is rapidly fading with the current management

Last edited:
The 10% bump this weekend creates the new baseline for multi-day tickets. That can become the new "Value" price. It seems like it went over without much fuss, both on forums like this one and in the media. Lots of focus on the one-day tickets, which was probably by design.

Anyway, then the new multi-day prices become the new baseline for the Value Season. From there, they can add on tiering to charge more for Peak, Regular, etc.

As far as discounts, I could see them moving towards something like Stay, Play, Dine instead of room discounts and free dining. This would take the sting out of the ticket increases during certain times of the year and push more people into packages.

Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios
Sea World
Busch Gardens
Lego Land
Clearwater Beach
Daytona
Kennedy Space Center
Everglades National Park
Big Cypress National Forest
Castillo De San Marcos in St. Augustine

Just to name a few...

I was thinking more like Hawaii, New York City, Europe, Canada. We've been pricing and we can do them for the same or less than we have been spending at WDW and DLR every year. We are getting very tired of paying more and getting less- Less FPs, less characters, shorter pool hours, less special touches. The continued character cuts and potentially no adult costumes for MNSSHP party have about put us over the edge for our WDW trip. (Losing the Fairy Godmother and Lady Tremaine are big hits for our family and Cinderella crazed daughter, along with all the other changes and cuts) DLR's elimination of the $69.95 pre-purchase photopass plus and its replacement with the only option being $40 per day for photopass for each day of our 5 park days (i.e. $200), along WITH the removal of all borders, autographs and stickers to edit the photos has just about put us over the edge for our DLR trip. We hate FP+, but it didn't stop us from coming for our last 3 trips, but this latest round of changes and cuts is about to push us over the edge.

Josh tweeted a couple of extremely disheartening observations from AK this morning:

"AK is already suffering pretty mightily with staffing that's about 30% less than a similarly attended day at this time last year"

"Safaris should be at 30 minutes right now. Not 90. Attractions running at half capacity that really really shouldn't be."

I'm really apprehensive now about leaving for our trip tomorrow.

Last edited:
Josh tweeted a couple of extremely disheartening observations from AK this morning:

"AK is already suffering pretty mightily with staffing that's about 30% less than a similarly attended day at this time last year"

"Safaris should be at 30 minutes right now. Not 90. Attractions running at half capacity that really really shouldn't be."

Terrible, but not surprising. What's worse is the number of people here who will defend this.

Pretty soon, instead of relying on crowd calendars and numerical predictions of attendance levels, we will want/need Touring Plans and easywdw to start publishing staffing headcounts as a way to gauge our trips. After all, it doesn't really matter if the crowd level is going to be a "3" or a "7" if the "3" day is going to be understaffed with only one of two sides of each attraction open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter