FYI: Na’vi River Bummer

sonnyjane

DIS Veteran
FYI we were at Animal Kingdom today (5-30-22) and went on Na’vi River. This was our first time, but we had watched a YouTube video and were excited to see the crazy expensive animatronic at the end. Well, they must be doing refurb on it because… it’s just a lame projection on a screen right now. Womp womp. We did LL, but if I had waited the 140 minutes that the line was today, I’d be disappointed! !

Yep, plan B mode. It happens. Sadly, animatronics can not operate 100% of the time. Instead of shutting down the entire ride for 1 feature they have a screen to run instead. Honestly, between the 2 choices, no ride vs. a screen I do think a screen is a better choice.

Yep, plan B mode. It happens. Sadly, animatronics can not operate 100% of the time. Instead of shutting down the entire ride for 1 feature they have a screen to run instead. Honestly, between the 2 choices, no ride vs. a screen I do think a screen is a better choice.

Oh absolutely! Just a cautionary tale about getting excited based on ride-through videos. :) In other news, Flight of Passage blew our socks off!

Oh absolutely! Just a cautionary tale about getting excited based on ride-through videos. :) In other news, Flight of Passage blew our socks off!
#1 reason I don’t watch them or suggest my first time friends watch them
I only recommend if there is a possibility of something like something to be afraid of

FYI we were at Animal Kingdom today (5-30-22) and went on Na’vi River. This was our first time, but we had watched a YouTube video and were excited to see the crazy expensive animatronic at the end. Well, they must be doing refurb on it because… it’s just a lame projection on a screen right now. Womp womp. We did LL, but if I had waited the 140 minutes that the line was today, I’d be disappointed! !
probably the worst "new" ride Disney has ever created. We don't even bother with it. Can't believe somebody in mgmt agreed to it. It has absolutely no redeeming value to my family whatsoever. Just my .02

probably the worst "new" ride Disney has ever created. We don't even bother with it. Can't believe somebody in mgmt agreed to it. It has absolutely no redeeming value to my family whatsoever. Just my .02
Unfortunately Navi River Journey was the victim of budget cuts when Imagineering was building Pandora. They went overbudget with the whole land + the Shaman animatronic. Thus we are left with what the ride that is there now. I don't think it's bad but it really isn't worth anything more than a 20 minute wait.

Unfortunately Navi River Journey was the victim of budget cuts when Imagineering was building Pandora. They went overbudget with the whole land + the Shaman animatronic. Thus we are left with what the ride that is there now. I don't think it's bad but it really isn't worth anything more than a 20 minute wait.
I like the ride well enough. I think the inside is beautiful in the colors and vibrancy but really wish it had been kept to a longer length that I believe was rumored to have started with, we needed more time floating through the world and to finish the story. I feel like the placement of the Shaman is too far at the end even with wanting that wow factor because the storyline sorta abruptly ends.

It's a needed ride in AK for its tameness and no height restriction; people forget not all rides can or should be high octane. Sorry to the poster who says it's has no redeeming qualities in it. I think it does...just needed that longer length unfortunately.

I like the ride well enough. I think the inside is beautiful in the colors and vibrancy but really wish it had been kept to a longer length that I believe was rumored to have started with, we needed more time floating through the world and to finish the story. I feel like the placement of the Shaman is too far at the end even with wanting that wow factor because the storyline sorta abruptly ends.

It's a needed ride in AK for its tameness and no height restriction; people forget not all rides can or should be high octane. Sorry to the poster who says it's has no redeeming qualities in it. I think it does...just needed that longer length unfortunately.
I agree with everything you said. The length was the part that was slashed due to the budget restraints. Like I said I don't think it's bad. I think it's too short for the crazy wait times it gets. When I was there in early-mid May the wait time was in the 60-80 minute range and IMO that is not worth the wait at all, animatronic or not.

Well, I guess I was being too negative. Maybe should’ve said “few” redeeming qualities. But agree that it def isn’t long enough. Would’ve liked a ride more in the vein of Pirates.

We really like the ride but I won't pay extra to do it or wait in long lines during the day. We waited about 20 minutes at park close back in December.

I absolutely love Na'vi River Journey and do not get the hate. I almost always make it my last ride of the day at AK because I am so happy and relaxed when I exit the ride. I am a little bummed when the Shaman isn't working, but it is still a nice ride.
Agree with the PP who said every ride doesn't have to be high octane for me to enjoy it

First time I rode it,I thought the shaman was the beginning of the story line. The first part was building up the beauty and the shaman would be "telling "the story of the people. I thought there like villages or something after.

First time I rode it,I thought the shaman was the beginning of the story line. The first part was building up the beauty and the shaman would be "telling "the story of the people. I thought there like villages or something after.
I’ve always thought if they just slowed the ride down it would be better. It’s too fast. You can’t see all the details they put in to it. Otherwise, I like the ride fine for what it is, I scenic boat ride. It’s not thrilling but not all rides have to be.

I rode Navi River Journey for the first time in March and had long wait. I was underwhelmed and I am a person that LOVES the PeopleMover and Living with the Land. I was expecting to enjoy this one more. Oh well. I won't stand in line again unless someone else in family really wants to ride this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter