FYI: Na’vi River Bummer

Sorry to the OP.
On our last trip our ride through of Rise of the Resistance was pretty disappointing. I counted at least five effects that were not working. I would have been pissed if I has waited two hours for that ride and five effects didn't go off.
My wife was really disappointed that the cannons at the end weren't operating, as that was her favorite part of the ride. I was disappointed that Kylo's saber didn't work in the ceiling anymore.

I don’t get all the hate for NRJ. I have a kid who is too little for FOP. Going on NRJ with him while DH and my older kids ride FOP is the highlight of my day. There is so much to see and we spot something new each time. The music is lovely. And being in the AC is much appreciated when you consider many of the other kid friendly attractions at AK like the trek/trails, the Safari, Dinoland, and the bird show are all outdoors (I don’t count the bug horror movie, that is NOT little kid friendly). If the wait is not bad, we’ll often do it multiple times in one day.

It’s a shame it was in Plan B mode for OP, but we’ve seen B mode and it is not that bad—my favorite part of the ride is actually the boat ride through the forest before the animatronic. 130 mins wait is clearly excessive, but it is a holiday weekend. I suspect they use a lot of capacity for those with G+ and that is slowing down the standby line.

We love Navi and have been lucky to see the shaman every time. I am always a little worried we will get plan b. We find the ride very soothing and relaxing. Once however one of the video screens of a leopard like animal was just plain gray. It totally ruined the vibe more than I would have expected.

Sorry to the OP.
On our last trip our ride through of Rise of the Resistance was pretty disappointing. I counted at least five effects that were not working. I would have been pissed if I has waited two hours for that ride and five effects didn't go off.
My wife was really disappointed that the cannons at the end weren't operating, as that was her favorite part of the ride. I was disappointed that Kylo's saber didn't work in the ceiling anymore.
We noticed a few things not working at RoTR in April. Still an amazing ride, but not quite the same.
Maybe we have been lucky, but have never seen Navi with the screen down.

Sorry to the OP.
Wow I would be at the blue umbrellas getting some LL access to something nice. The light saber not working would be really sad though, combined with the canons down and it’s really going to be a bummer

Sorry to the OP.
Rode Rise this morning, 6/4, and the cannons were not working. DD pointed it out to me. The saber did work for us.

I like the ride well enough. I think the inside is beautiful in the colors and vibrancy but really wish it had been kept to a longer length that I believe was rumored to have started with, we needed more time floating through the world and to finish the story. I feel like the placement of the Shaman is too far at the end even with wanting that wow factor because the storyline sorta abruptly ends.

It's a needed ride in AK for its tameness and no height restriction; people forget not all rides can or should be high octane. Sorry to the poster who says it's has no redeeming qualities in it. I think it does...just needed that longer length unfortunately.
The shaman is amazing when she's working.

I really like the "rest and cool off" rides. I count Navi as one of those. It's also great since the entire family can ride (I'm the designated ride swapper).

Even with the animatronic working, the ride is disappointing...maybe slightly less so. Live and learn.

Maybe I need to watch the movie to appreciate the ride.

It didn't help that I rode on my solo trip and was put on the ride in the same row as a family and the mom was completely put out and wanted me to step back out of the boat. So I had to sit there next to someone who was huffy about me being there as if I had crashed their entire vacation.

Maybe I need to watch the movie to appreciate the ride.

It didn't help that I rode on my solo trip and was put on the ride in the same row as a family and the mom was completely put out and wanted me to step back out of the boat. So I had to sit there next to someone who was huffy about me being there as if I had crashed their entire vacation.
Same row or same boat?

Both times we rode it last month (even with long waits) they only put my husband and I in one row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter