• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fyi new placeholders will take about a week to become available for use

Cheburashka

Momketeer
I just disembarked and noticed no email confirming my placeholder booked via the app onboard, so I called DCL. They said that it will likely take a week for my placeholder to be processed, due to the new reservation system which isn't working as it should. Those cruising currently or soon, expect delays.

Last edited:
How inconvenient. What if your placeholder is really close to release dates. I'm hoping to cruise over Christmas next year and figuring those will open around our cruise in June. So we shall see how it all plays out. The latest update seems to have been more of a downgrade though!

I still don't have an email for mine. I asked for 2 placeholders and my credit card only shows one $250 purchase. Not home yet, but if a second one doesn't show up soon, I'm calling.

Oh and what's up with asking for my "zip code" to buy the placeholders? Only Americans have zip codes. The rest of the world doesn't.

I got off the dream when they were in the midst of the upgrade. Luckily I have a good ta who is following they on getting my placeholder.

On the Wonder during the WBPC, placeholders had to be processed manually by guest services, to be completed post cruise by shoreside services... we will see how this works...

Okay... no email and only one charge when I requested 2 rooms. I'm getting worried. Anyone know, first, where do you find your placeholder res numbers and second, who can I phone or email about them?

On the Wonder during the WBPC, placeholders had to be processed manually by guest services, to be completed post cruise by shoreside services... we will see how this works...

Same on a recent Magic (March 10-14). You couldn't book a placeholder via the app.

I got an email from Shoreside on March 17 saying that I needed to call to place my $250 deposit (not sure why they didn't charge me via Guest Services?).

Due to the phone line demand and updates, it took 3.5 hours to take care of it. I did go ahead and reserve the Wish for next year. Instead of $250, they required a $650 deposit. I did add a person so that could be why.

Same on a recent Magic (March 10-14). You couldn't book a placeholder via the app.

I got an email from Shoreside on March 17 saying that I needed to call to place my $250 deposit (not sure why they didn't charge me via Guest Services?).

Due to the phone line demand and updates, it took 3.5 hours to take care of it. I did go ahead and reserve the Wish for next year. Instead of $250, they required a $650 deposit. I did add a person so that could be why.
How did you contact shoreside by email?

We were on this cruise too and was told the same thing. There was no button to actually click on in the app to create a reservation. Crossing my fingers that I actually hear something from them.

Historically (pre-COVID), onboard bookings were paid separately from onboard accounts. We always used the same credit card, but had to present it when we booked —we couldn’t just charge to the room. There may have been a box on the booking request form to check if we wanted to use the same card as our account, though.

The $250 deposit would be for a placeholder that is simply the opportunity to book a cruise later at a discount. When you booked a specific cruise on the Wish, you owed a deposit based on the actual cost of the cruise.

I did go ahead and reserve the Wish for next year. Instead of $250, they required a $650 deposit. I did add a person so that could be why.

Deposits on actual cruises are 20% of the cruise fare. Even if you use a future cruise certificate (I don't get why they say placeholder because you're not holding an actual place on ANYthing), you'd need to pay the balance on the required deposit minus $250.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter