FYI, No live stream of the Christening tonight

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
From an interview a couple of weeks ago with DCL PR...

Stream.jpg

source - http://disneycruiseblog.net/news/20...uise-line-itineraries-disney-fantasy-and-more

I wonder why they chose not to stream it live? I thought the live stream of the Dream was great and highly successful. I'm sure it had to be a logistical problem unrelated to cost.

I wonder why they chose not to stream it live? I thought the live stream of the Dream was great and highly successful. I'm sure it had to be a logistical problem unrelated to cost.

I think it is logistical and $$ related. Plus the union scale for the performers is pretty high in NYC.

I think Disney has treated the Fantasy as second class compared to the Dream. No special ceremony at float out, no live streaming. I think there are lots of people that would have loved to watch it tonight. It won't be the same seeing it after the fact.

They are also doing the christening on-board this time.

Tonight's Schedule

600pm - Welcome Aboard - Atrium
645pm - Entertainment Showcase - Walt Disney Theater
745pm - Christening Celebration - Atrium
815pm - "A Taste of the Disney Fantasy"

They are doing it in side because in new York their no nice area out side to do it so they may not have a choice on that one. Unlike Florida where their one terminal then open space in new York it parked at a terminal and their one across it so their is no good Way to do it out side the ship. They should of done it at the Brooklyn terminal because the ship would most likely be facing the same way it did in Florida so they would be able to get a good shot of the ship and be ale to do the show out side the ship.

I find it hard to believe they couldn't think of a way to stream the ceremony live from the Atrium.

Well, disney's twitter feed sure made me want to rush out and book a cruise.

No buzz on FB. And Jack is right, I am not feeling that warm feeling to go out a book on the Fantasy.

I wonder if it is Disney arrogance. They are selling cabins on the ships like mad so why do they need to put on a big show for the public.

I wonder if it is Disney arrogance. They are selling cabins on the ships like mad so why do they need to put on a big show for the public.

Arrogance wouldn't surprise me as the reason, but since when doesn't Disney like a hoopla? They make a huge deal out of boring announcements and yet when it deserves it they don't do anything?

Why didn't they live stream the ceremony? It definitely had to be due to guest demand...I mean, why else wouldn't they! ;)

The actual christening took approximately 90 seconds.

It took Mariah Carey longer to get down the stairs in her heels.

This was a HUGE and costly party and the majority of guests were either Diney VIPs or folks who will sell Fantasy cruises.

I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of people that will sail on the Fantasy next year (and in future years) have no idea that tonight was anything special..

While it is not a huge sampling, the people I have talked with about this believe that this is the ship that will be doing the NYC sailings.

They have no clue that this ship will be moving to FL and that Disney's original ship....the Magic....will be the one doing cruises out of NYC.

Not everyone is as invested in this as us Disney fans.

Thanks Kevin!!!! I would surely hope they do something special next week when it comes to FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter