FYI on 9/11 show on CBS

Dan Murphy

We are family.
The acclaimed documentary that was filmed inside WTC that was shown a few months ago is being shown now on CBS, CDT. It is a real eye-opener on the FDNY. Sad, yes. Rough language, yes.

Dan

I saw this when it was on originally
and thought it was great
only thing I wished was that they were would have
been able to put names to all the firemen in the video
in WTC and indicate if they perished that day or not

Saw it last time and we are watching it again. It is one of the most powerful things I have ever seen.:(

Thanks for posting this Dan and thanks to those who mentioned it in chat tonight. I left to go watch it and it was extremely powerful.

WOW!!! Just got done watching it. I missed it the first time and was really upset. I couldn't believe it!! Tried to get DH to watch....but you know.....he wouldn't

I didn't even move from my chair!!! Think it really did me good to see it.

Well, off to bed now.....catch up on teh 3 hours of sleep I had last night before I get a second wind.

Good night to all and BE SAFE always......

Lisa

I purposefully avoided this documentary when it first aired, but DH and I decided to watch it tonight. I must say that we were both blown away by it. DH spent time on the "bucket brigade" in the days following the attack. This was the first time I saw what it actually was like. (I never visited the site after the attack).

It was as tastefully done as possible. I am glad I watched it.

I watched it before (I think on the 6 month anniversary?) and was SO moved. I forgot to breathe at times! I would love to buy a professional copy. I wonder if they are worried about looking like they're making it too "commercial"? I just think it's such an important historic document, so I taped it. It was much more soothing the 2nd time around, since I didn't have to worry about who made it out alive.

Dh and I watched it last night. It seemed to be the
only "real" tribute on. We sat quietly and watched.
It was very compelling and done so honestly. I waited
to watch anything until DH got home. I did listen to
a bit of NPR and heard Tom Ridge's speech in PA and
some of the bell tolling in New York.

I was switching channels last night and it caught my eye. I was soon glued to it. I watched it to the end, I wanted to sob!

It is an amazing piece of journalism. I think it should get an award of some kind. I had no idea it was aired before. If I knew, I would have watched it when it first aired.

I watched it for the first time last night.

Very moving, very powerful, very real.

Watched it for the 1st time last night. Very moving. To hear sound for the first time....
I am just glad all the firemen in that firehouse survived.

I'm a regular visitor to the DIS site and decided to just wander over here to see if anyone had anything to say about "9/11."

I was so touched and grateful to see that you did!

Thank you all for your heartfelt and generous words.

I doubt I'll ever work on anything in television that can compare with this project. It was just THAT unique. The Naudet brothers did an extraordinary job, under unbelievable circumstances; I'm convinced, in my heart, they were meant to be there at that moment, to bear witness to the world. They've given us a powerful and enduring document of that horrible day, as well as a moving testament to courage. I have to think God meant it to be so.

FWIW: The program is nominated for five Emmy awards, including Outstanding Non-Fiction Program. We're flying to LA tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Thank you again for watching.

Peace,
Greg Kandra
CBS News

Ditto what Doc said above, Greg. An outstanding piece of historically important video. Thanks to CBS for sharing it and good luck on the awards.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter