• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gabby Petito

I have a question and not sure if you guys would know the answer:

Typically in situations like this media outlets (legit and paparazzi type outlets) would camp out at the Laundrie's house. If anyone comes and goes all those people know it.

Have/had the media been surrounding the house? Were they not because it's not allowed? Is it a gated community and media can't get in? Media was definitely there when the FBI was there doing their search since there are pictures of that.

My point being: all this activity of Brian leaving, his parents possibly going various places... Did the "camped out" media see that? For instance, when he supposedly left on that Tuesday and was reported missing on Friday - the story was big by then and you would think any "camped out" media would taken pictures of him and blasted him with questions as he walked away. If his parents left I would think some of the more papparazi-esque companies might have followed them (not that I agree with that behavior, but it's what they do).

I'm just trying to figure out how the comings and goings could have happened without notice if the media was camped out there. If Brian left long before the media got involved that answers why they never saw HIM, but surely they've seen his family members coming in and out?

Typically in situations like this media outlets (legit and paparazzi type outlets) would camp out at the Laundrie's house. If anyone comes and goes all those people know it.

Have/had the media been surrounding the house? Were they not because it's not allowed? Is it a gated community and media can't get in? Media was definitely there when the FBI was there doing their search since there are pictures of that.

My point being: all this activity of Brian leaving, his parents possibly going various places... Did the "camped out" media see that? For instance, when he supposedly left on that Tuesday and was reported missing on Friday - the story was big by then and you would think any "camped out" media would taken pictures of him and blasted him with questions as he walked away. If his parents left I would think some of the more papparazi-esque companies might have followed them (not that I agree with that behavior, but it's what they do).

I'm just trying to figure out how the comings and goings could have happened without notice if the media was camped out there. If Brian left long before the media got involved that answers why they never saw HIM, but surely they've seen his family members coming in and out?

I think so - otherwise how would we know the story about them being trailed to Orlando for the appt with the lawyer? I doubt the FBI would release that info? It does seem odd that they would try anything shady knowing they'd been followed. I just don't trust them though and think they know a lot more about where Brian is.

This reporter is regularly in the neighborhood. If you backread his tweets, he mentions comings and goings.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin

Last edited:
This reporter is regularly in the neighborhood. If you backread his tweets, he mentions comings and goings.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin

He started his tweets on September 14, which is the day (if I remember correctly) that the parents reported their son as not being seen since, after leaving for a supposed hike. But, the parents didn't make that report to police until later that week.

This thread was started on September 16, but references another thread. Anyone have a link to that other thread?

Yes, they are camped out, including several TV news crews.

It may be taking a well known name in finding people mixed with honest bounty hunting work. I mean if you knew Dog was after you maybe that would make you nervous, you might make a mistake, etc (assuming he's found out who is looking for him). Obviously having FBI and the police looking for you should also make you nervous and who knows maybe it is. Just thinking out loud. I know a bounty hunter and he goes to various states, his freedom of movement is fairly good and he does catch people.

If anyone knows the show Love Fraud a bounty hunter was hired and was instrumental in the capture of the wanted person.

Hopefully it's not just a publicity stunt but I wouldn't only assume it's a publicity stunt just because it's him.

Two FBI agents returned to the Laundrie home today and asked to look around for a few of Brian's "personal items," and the parents cooperated. They left with a small paper bag. It's quite possible that the items sought were covered by the previous search warrant and no additional legal writs were needed.

The family lawyer says the agents were requesting the items "to help with DNA matching," according to the news source. That makes absolutely no sense since I'm sure they already have the parents' DNA samples plus several other items that would have Brian's DNA all over them.

Two FBI agents returned to the Laundrie home today and asked to look around for a few of Brian's "personal items," and the parents cooperated. They left with a small paper bag. It's quite possible that the items sought were covered by the previous search warrant and no additional legal writs were needed.

The family lawyer says the agents were requesting the items "to help with DNA matching," according to the news source. That makes absolutely no sense since I'm sure they already have the parents' DNA samples plus several other items that would have Brian's DNA all over them.
So what do you make of it? Why do you think they would be collecting additional DNA?

As someone who did long long road trips with my live-in boyfriend (now husband) in my early 20's, this is so fascinating. Back in 2002 we hopped in his sedan for 3 weeks with a cooler and a couple suitcases with no fixed destination. That trip solidified our relationship. Everything we do together is probably rooted in what we discovered about each other (love of Disneyland, hiking, national parks, beaches, mountains, books, tacos.....)

So sad that what could be an amazing anchor in your life together turns into a missing persons thread on Reddit....

I just want to say that, despite the sad nature of the topic on this thread, that is a beautiful love story between you and your husband :)

Even though Dog is known for his tv show, he's a legit bounty hunter. So I'm not so sure it's a publicity stunt.

Apparently a lawyer in FL has hired him and offered a $20,000 bounty. I guess this lawyer has 2 daughters and wants to catch Brian out of a sense of obligation to young women everywhere.

So what do you make of it? Why do you think they would be collecting additional DNA?
I don't know.

If I had to guess, I would guess that something in their analysis of some impounded evidence triggered a desire to have some item that had been noted (possibly in scene photos), but not taken. They may have told the Laundries they needed the item for DNA, but really needed it for other reasons.

The other possibility that I can think of is that they had not taken the Laundries DNA samples, and either needed them just for future use, or needed them because they've found Brian's body.

But I can't imagine the FBI not getting such a basic piece of information, especially in a missing person case. They're much better than that.

I also can't imagine Brian's body being found without the North Port police blabbing it all over the place. Hopefully the FBI has put a stop to that.

FWIW, the two agents did not enter the actual home, and they were only there for about 2 minutes. Fox has a pretty decent amateur video of the visit. It's only 2:25 unedited, and includes them walking up to the house and walking away.

The house has a small screened front porch, and they appeared to have taken something off an end table on the porch. The front door to the actual house was never opened.

It's possible they had contacted the Laundries and made arrangements for the item to be left on the front porch so the parents would not come in direct contact with the agents.

Last edited:
Medical Records, Dental Records, EXACT MATCHING DNA = hush-hush DB identification or possibly great indication of a recent location :confused3

I don’t know which officer is speaking in this video or if he’s one that was at the scene when Gabby and Brian were pulled over, but dispatch DID pass along the information that a witness had seen the man hitting the woman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter