GAC and skipping the preshows??

flynnmnstr

Mouseketeer
The first couple of times we got a GAC it had us use an alternate entrance so that we ended up skipping the preshow on some rides, which was a great help b/c DS5 gets completely worked up in those situations. I am thinking specifically of Test Track.

Last time we were there they just had us walk through the line like everyone else with him in his stroller. Which was fine until we hit the preshow when he completely freaked out. We had to leave and he wouldn't ride the ride (which is one of his favs). We asked if he could just skip the preshow and the CMs said no. I am just wondering if maybe the first couple of time we had a GAC with different stamps. Should I bring this up when I get their GACs this time? I never saved his GACs before last trip so I don't know if there were any differences.

We have be prepping him really well for the "indoor attractions" this trip so I don't know if this is even going to be an issues. I just do not want him to miss out on attractions because of the preshows. Same thing goesb for Soarin; if they would just let him get on the ride I know he would do it and love it.

Some of the preshows (I know Soarin' and Test Track) have information that is considered safety information they are required to give you. That might be a reason that the CM says you need to do the preshow.
I may be reading this wrong, but what you wrote
Last time we were there they just had us walk through the line like everyone else with him in his stroller. Which was fine until we hit the preshow when he completely freaked out. We had to leave and he wouldn't ride the ride (which is one of his favs). We asked if he could just skip the preshow and the CMs said no.
sounds like you asked after you were to the preshow area. If you get that far, the line goes to the preshow area and you would have to at least be walked thru the preshow room to get ot the boarding area. I don't know if they would have allowed you to skip the preshow if you asked the CM at the entrance to the line. (If that was where you asked, I'm sorry, I misunderstood).

There is not a GAC message stamp that says to allow you to skip the preshow. I would suggest talking about the difficulty your children have with the preshows with the CM in Guest Services when you request the GAC. That CM should be able to give you some information.

The first time we asked CM (in Test Track) once we were right at preshow area and DS was freaking out. The following day we asked at FP entrance and they said NO. Like I said I am not sure how much of an issue its going to be this trip, but I would like a back up plan if possible. I will to to CM when we get GAC (which I think will be doing at Epcot) so they will hopefully be familiar with the situation I am talking about. Thanks for input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter