GAD + Military Salute Tickets?

The Military Salute tickets do not have to be all purchased in one transaction. However, a service member is limited to a total of six tickets, and all purchases must be by July 31, 2010, including upgrades from a GAD ticket. (But the activation and upgrading an existing Military Salute ticket to add hopping and/or WPF&M may be done up through September 30, 2010.)

Heres a question:

My dad is retired military and he and my mom are thinking of going to Disney with us :)

My family (me, DH, DS11, DS8 and DS1 ) have GAD vouchers (well, not the baby, but he doesn't need a ticket of course).

My dad is thinking of purchasing the Military Salute tickets for him and my mom, my H and me, and his two grandsons (he can purchase six).

So my question is - could we upgrade our GAD tickets for the Military Salute tickets? I am worried that since the Military member did not do GAD and he is the one who has to buy and validate the tickets it may be a problem.

Any input would be appreciated :)

It would not be a problem.

However, to save time while you are getting your one day tickets from the GAD vouchers you can activate the Armed Forces Salute ticket at the same window. That way you will do both transactions at one window visit and will not have to stand in line again to activate the tickets.

So can you just trade your voucher in for credit on the Armed Forces Salute ticket without having to go through the gate to validate it?

Thanks!

OMG, I am so excited about the possibility of upgrading our GAD to the mil 4 day. I hope this works. We are going in June and had only planned on doing one day at the parks with the GAD tickets but if we can upgrade to the mil 4 day for twenty something dollars, it's a no brainer!

My questions, do we use the GAD ticket then try to upgrade it to the mil 4 day or can we upgrade it at the gate when we use our GAD ticket?

Since we are only planning on going one day which happens to be our 3rd day at WDW, I don't want to use our GAD tickets if we can't upgrade them to the MIL for the difference.

TIA!

Hmm...this is all a little confusing but I think I got it. I want to add one more question though. Does anyone know if you can use the GAD voucher and then upgrade to the military ticket then upgrade the military ticket from a 4D PH to a 7D for a total of 7 day park hopper?

If so, is this how it would work?
1. Take GAD voucher to ticket window and get 1 day MYW ticket
2. Enter the gate and then go over to customer service and upgrade MYW ticket to 4D Military ticket with add-on Park Hopper.
3. Next upgrade the 4D military ticket with Park hopper to a 7D park hopper ticket?? Can you do this and would you do it at the same time as #2?

Wonder what the final price would be for 6 Adults. Any guesses? :confused3

ETA - Aww! :( Nevermind. AFter reading the other threads I guess you can't add days to the military tickets. That really is too bad you can't atleast apply the $99 or $125. Oh well, we will still have a good time just a LOT more of an expensive time!

So I understand this, I am not to buy my mil salute tickets at MWR. Instead I take my my GADGAD voucher to customer service at DW and upgrade my voucher and only pay a $21 and some change difference?

Hmm...this is all a little confusing but I think I got it. I want to add one more question though. Does anyone know if you can use the GAD voucher and then upgrade to the military ticket then upgrade the military ticket from a 4D PH to a 7D for a total of 7 day park hopper?

If so, is this how it would work?
1. Take GAD voucher to ticket window and get 1 day MYW ticket
2. Enter the gate and then go over to customer service and upgrade MYW ticket to 4D Military ticket with add-on Park Hopper.
3. Next upgrade the 4D military ticket with Park hopper to a 7D park hopper ticket?? Can you do this and would you do it at the same time as #2?

Wonder what the final price would be for 6 Adults. Any guesses? :confused3

ETA - Aww! :( Nevermind. AFter reading the other threads I guess you can't add days to the military tickets. That really is too bad you can't atleast apply the $99 or $125. Oh well, we will still have a good time just a LOT more of an expensive time!
A seven-day hopper is $286 less the value of the GAD ticket ($79) comes to $207 plus tax on the $207 = $220.46 x 6 = 1323

So I understand this, I am not to buy my mil salute tickets at MWR. Instead I take my my GADGAD voucher to customer service at DW and upgrade my voucher and only pay a $21 and some change difference?
That is correct.

You should be able to upgrade your GAD ticket to a Military Salute ticket for $21.30 (including tax). But that gives you only a four day ticket. However, the Military Salute can be upgraded to include the WPF&M Option for an additional $26.63 (including tax) which will allow four entries to the water parks and Disney Quest and which do not have to be used on the same days as the Theme Park entries. Also, it is $26.63 per ticket to upgrade the Military Salute tickets to hoppers.

Wow, nice bit of info, am going to pass it on to our spouses group!;)

Just wanted to let everyone know, we just left Wdw and we used our gad voucher to upgrade to the military tickets. The process was easy just took a little time. We had five vouchers and upgraded the military ticket to the water park and more. Total for the tickets was $285, we saved over $300.

Just wanted to let everyone know, we just left Wdw and we used our gad voucher to upgrade to the military tickets. The process was easy just took a little time. We had five vouchers and upgraded the military ticket to the water park and more. Total for the tickets was $285, we saved over $300.

Were you able to do this all in one transaction, or did you have to go to guest relations inside the park to upgrade the the military salute tickets?

Another question, does this give you the 1 GAD and then the 4 military salute days, or just a total of 4 days?

Since it is an upgrade, you will only get the four days in total; the first day on the ticket is used when you enter the Park on the GAD ticket so you will only have three days left.

Since it is an upgrade, you will only get the four days in total; the first day on the ticket is used when you enter the Park on the GAD ticket so you will only have three days left.

Thank you! That is what I thought, but wanted to make sure. We were planning 4 park days and adding the waterpark option this trip, so don't need to redo "the plan". :goodvibes

Ok, we are going soon and plan to redeem our GAD vouchers and I wanted to upgrade one of them to the military salute ticket but we also plan to buy 3 additional military tickets for others that are coming later. If I understand this right, I redeem all our GAD vouchers, go in the park, then go to guest services to upgrade mine to the military ticket and purchase the other military tickets? And they will be able to activate them at that time as well correct? I just want to make sure as I can't think straight right now....:rotfl: And I'll only have to pay 20 something dollars for this (my military ticket)? I was going to be going down for work in May and was going to buy the 4 day ticket while we are there but I only need 2 to 3 days then so it would work perfect for me to upgrade my ticket and pay less money right?

Zowie! I hadn't thought of this. I was going to use our GAD for FP since we were getting the Military Salute and only needed the 4 days. But this is great! I might just do this instead.

Anyone know what time the will call windows open at the parks? Specifically we will be redeeming our GAD vouchers at Hollywood Studios. Do they open prior to park opening 30 minutes or an hour or?? I'm worried as we have breakfast ressies and want to make sure we will get our vouchers redeemed and get in the park in time for our ressies?

If my parents are going with us (Dad retired military) and they are going to buy the Military salute tickets for all of us (my family of four) but we have GAD vouchers what do we do? Would my dad buy his ticket and my moms at the main window, where we would turn in our GAD vouchers and then we all walk to guest services inside the park for us to upgrade our 4 tickets to military tickets? My head hurts!! ;)

If my parents are going with us (Dad retired military) and they are going to buy the Military salute tickets for all of us (my family of four) but we have GAD vouchers what do we do? Would my dad buy his ticket and my moms at the main window, where we would turn in our GAD vouchers and then we all walk to guest services inside the park for us to upgrade our 4 tickets to military tickets? My head hurts!! ;)

From what I read on an earlier post I believe you can exchange your voucher and do the military upgrade in one transaction. Can anyone confirm this?????

From what I read on an earlier post I believe you can exchange your voucher and do the military upgrade in one transaction. Can anyone confirm this?????

That's what it sounded like to me too but I saw mention of having to enter the park and then upgrade. :confused3

That's what it sounded like to me too but I saw mention of having to enter the park and then upgrade. :confused3

That was my understanding also, but we just did this on Sunday and did not have to enter the park to validate our GAD vouchers. We went to IG and asked to have our GAD vouchers used towarad a military salute ticket. My mil is a retired military widow and accompanied us to the IG entrance. She did not want to get a ticket for herself and did not have to. We also have a 5 yr. old who did not qualify for GAD. So, we exchanged our four GAD vouchers for four one day tickets, the tickets were then voided and credited toward our military salute tickets, and then we purchased a military salute ticket for our daughter. We added park hopper to our 4 day tickets. Saved us over $1000 on tickets!!! Absolutely amazing.

We had a great trip with great weather. Low humidity and cool temps. Stayed at the Beach Club Resort for 3 nights and had fun with our 4 day tickets. :) Thanks for the great info on where to go and what to do to get our tickets straight, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter