Galactic Dessert Party or ROL Dining Package

travelgirl77

Mouseketeer
I would love some advice from those who have either been to both or have been to at least ROL. I have made a reservation for a ROL Dining Package at Tusker House, however, I am not sold on either Tusker House nor ROL. I am struggling with dropping that one and making a reservation for the Dessert Party at HS instead. I have an eight year old and 5 year old, who I am sure would love the fireworks, but I don't know how they would feel about ROL. I know that it is a new(ish) show, but I would like your advice on one versus the other. Right now, I am planning to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks our first two nights, either from the park or our room at the Contemporary, the third night is this toss-up, the fourth night at Epcot and possibly watch Illuminations, if we feel up to it after dinner, and the fifth night MK fireworks again.

I just don't want to spend twice, but am willing to do it for one or the other.

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Imo RoL sucks. Tusker house is our favorite buffet restaurant out of all the parks, but I wouldn't do the dining option for RoL if you're on the fence about it.

On the other hand we love the Star Wars show and I think you'd much rather enjoy that than RoL. I've never personally done the desert option, but I've only heard good things about it.

Star Wars>RoL

The SW fireworks are amazing ! I would go with it. We did the dessert party for it last June and loved it. The desserts were nothing spectacular but the view sure was.

I would love some advice from those who have either been to both or have been to at least ROL. I have made a reservation for a ROL Dining Package at Tusker House, however, I am not sold on either Tusker House nor ROL. I am struggling with dropping that one and making a reservation for the Dessert Party at HS instead. I have an eight year old and 5 year old, who I am sure would love the fireworks, but I don't know how they would feel about ROL. I know that it is a new(ish) show, but I would like your advice on one versus the other. Right now, I am planning to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks our first two nights, either from the park or our room at the Contemporary, the third night is this toss-up, the fourth night at Epcot and possibly watch Illuminations, if we feel up to it after dinner, and the fifth night MK fireworks again.

I just don't want to spend twice, but am willing to do it for one or the other.

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
RoL and SWaGS are 2 very different types of shows.
RoL: Is artistic, beautiful, colorful interpretation of the relationship between land and water. The music has a very calming effect. The show gets mixed reviews because it is very different to what Disney usually puts out. No Disney characters, no fireworks, no big bang in the end.
SWaGS: is not a fireworks show per se, more like a combination of projections, lasers,, fire/sound/light effects with some fireworks. It's a great show, both SW and non SW fans have liked it. The dessert party is ideal because it gives you a reserved viewing location.
I know I'm not a big help but I always say that every Disney show is worth watching if only for you to make your own mind. I enjoy both very much but I am a HUGE SW fan so I will always go for SWaGS
Tusker House is one of my favorite restaurants, I don't think you can go wrong with that one
If you're looking for reviews on the SW dessert party follow the link on my signature, page one has a post dedicated to the dessert party

I'm looking forward to seeing both for the first time this summer.

I booked the Tusker house package because it sounds like standby might be difficult so I wanted a guaranteed seat. Plus we have been to Tusker House and loved the food and character interaction. Your kids might enjoy this experience by itself.

For Star Wars I'm hoping the reserved viewing area won't be necessary and plan to just stake out a spot early.

We've done both experiences. My wife and I are both in our mid-20's and we did the SW Dessert Party last June and the RoL Dining Package at Tiffin's this April.

With two younger kids, I think the SW Dessert Party is a much better fit. They will probably love all of the different fun treats available, and the adults will have bar to grab drinks at (if you choose to partake). You get great spots to watch the show and it is a very good value.

That being said, my wife and I loved our dinner at Tiffins, and it was our favorite meal of our last trip. We both got the wagyu strip loin for our entree and each table received one of the lotus flower popcorn buckets that you could fill with popcorn for 99 cents on the night we were there. We thought that it was hands down the best meal of our trip. However, I don't think little kids would enjoy Rivers of Light or the meal at Tiffins. Even at Tusker House, the menu is somewhat eccentric and may be challenging for picky eaters.

If you really want to see both shows - for RoL, I would just try to grab it as a fastpass (if there is only one show) or by using standby for the second show.

SW fireworks hands down.

I thought ROL was okay but for a kid it might be boring. Even if you have never seen SW the fireworks are neat.

On the note I LOVE tusker house and would suggest that as a dinning location over and over.

Thanks for the help. I am definitely down for the SW dessert party. Perhaps we will squeeze in TH at some point. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter