Galactic Starcruiser early bookings require points

It’s pretty comical that they value points that you use in an exchange at less than half of what they charge for one time use points

What an absolute killing they must make on this ridiculousness. Unless you’re desperate for a specific date to go on this thing, why would you ever just give them money for nothing?

Could that have been because of your "sailing" dates? Dates within a certain period need full payment, right? Further out has other percentages due at booking, at #x days out, at #y days out.
It's the same policy when booking DVC Member cruises - full payment due at time of booking, no payment plan, including bookings made the day they open.

The future borrowing restriction remains in place.

The points don't disappear when used in Disney Collection. The points them get used to book DVC units that are put into cash reservations to "pay" for the out-of-DVC booking. So the reason for the borrowing restriction (space out points a bit more to mitigate demand) is still a factor for DC exchanges.

Hi all, Just following up since I was able to get through to a DVC Cast Member to book. The booking process is not yet final, I am holding for the StarCruiser reservationist. However, I did inquire about the borrowing restriction. The borrowing restriction remains in place; one cannot borrow more than 50% from future year even in this circumstance. The reasoning given sounded extremely similar to AuroraBorealis' post. Thanks again all for the support along the way today. It's a journey!

For those of us who don't LOVE SW enough to spend days on the phone to hand over $10k... Does anyone know if reservations can be made through Dreams Unlimited, once bookings are open to the general public?

For those of us who don't LOVE SW enough to spend days on the phone to hand over $10k... Does anyone know if reservations can be made through Dreams Unlimited, once bookings are open to the general public?
Dreams Unlimited booked for several posters on this and other threads, who were eligible for AP & DVC booking, so they should be able to book for the general public.

Dreams Unlimited booked for several posters on this and other threads, who were eligible for AP & DVC booking, so they should be able to book for the general public.

AP yes. DVC? I don’t think a travel agency can make a DVC points reservation, but maybe I’m missing something.

I have actually completed a booking going through the DVC process. There's an active reservation in my Disney Experience!
Here's what I learned:
EDIT: BIGGEST LEARNING... the DVC people have the wrong information.

-The people you reach first at DVC cannot view the Star cruiser inventory. They can only give you a 'quote' for how much what you want *should* cost. Then they put you in the real SW phone queue (the same one AP's eventually get into also) to talk to someone who can actually make the booking. Expect another 2 hour wait in that queue after you talk to DVC

Also, DVC has to free up the requisite points in your account before they will transfer you to someone who can check the inventory. So they will make you cancel reservations if you otherwise don't have enough points between the appropriate use year + 50% borrowing + if you want to pay cash for up to 24 points. Without knowing whether you can confirm the reservation you want.
EDIT: Don't let them do this to you if you want to keep your reservation!! The DVC people are wrong!! The website is wrong. You can pay all with cash even as a DVC member. See below.

Fortunately, you can check on this yourself. It appears the availability calendar here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/planning/#availabilityCalendar is updated in real time. So you can't tell which room types are available, but you can see if a date is completely sold out. (However realistically it's pretty much all standard rooms that are available. Both times I was able to reach an actual SW booking agent who could see the inventory, they told me all the suites were sold out.)

Also, If you have 3+ people in your party, you can pay for the 3'rd person (86 points) with points, and the first 2 with cash. So for those of us who like to maximize the $ value of your points, this is an option.
The above is what the DVC person told me. They were wrong. When I got to the actual star cruiser person, he said it had to be all points, or all cash for the entire reservation. HOWEVER, they let me book it all with cash as a DVC member.

While AP members can make a reservation with a 20% deposit, DVC members must pay the entire cash cost at booking. However, that is all refundable except for the $95 fee if you cancel 90+ days out. The thing to be aware of is that (like any Disney Collection experience), the points cannot be refunded back as normal DVC points. They become 'reservation points' that can only be used in the Disney hotel system, not the DVC properties.
DVC person was wrong, there's no such thing as paying cash and points. (Although these terms would apply if you paid for it all with points.)

Last edited:
I have actually completed a booking going through the DVC process. There's an active reservation in my Disney Experience!
View attachment 611399
Here's what I learned:
EDIT: BIGGEST LEARNING... the DVC people have the wrong information.

-The people you reach first at DVC cannot view the Star cruiser inventory. They can only give you a 'quote' for how much what you want *should* cost. Then they put you in the real SW phone queue (the same one AP's eventually get into also) to talk to someone who can actually make the booking. Expect another 2 hour wait in that queue after you talk to DVC

Also, DVC has to free up the requisite points in your account before they will transfer you to someone who can check the inventory. So they will make you cancel reservations if you otherwise don't have enough points between the appropriate use year + 50% borrowing + if you want to pay cash for up to 24 points. Without knowing whether you can confirm the reservation you want.
EDIT: Don't let them do this to you if you want to keep your reservation!! The DVC people are wrong!! The website is wrong. You can pay all with cash even as a DVC member. See below.

Fortunately, you can check on this yourself. It appears the availability calendar here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/planning/#availabilityCalendar is updated in real time. So you can't tell which room types are available, but you can see if a date is completely sold out. (However realistically it's pretty much all standard rooms that are available. Both times I was able to reach an actual SW booking agent who could see the inventory, they told me all the suites were sold out.)

Also, If you have 3+ people in your party, you can pay for the 3'rd person (86 points) with points, and the first 2 with cash. So for those of us who like to maximize the $ value of your points, this is an option.
The above is what the DVC person told me. They were wrong. When I got to the actual star cruiser person, he said it had to be all points, or all cash for the entire reservation. HOWEVER, they let me book it all with cash as a DVC member.

While AP members can make a reservation with a 20% deposit, DVC members must pay the entire cash cost at booking. However, that is all refundable except for the $95 fee if you cancel 90+ days out. The thing to be aware of is that (like any Disney Collection experience), the points cannot be refunded back as normal DVC points. They become 'reservation points' that can only be used in the Disney hotel system, not the DVC properties.
DVC person was wrong, there's no such thing as paying cash and points. (Although these terms would apply if you paid for it all with points.)
Hooray that you got your booking! Best wishes for a wonderful trip for you and your husband.

I'm in shock that so many are actually willing to shell out this kind of money. I mean, have fun, but count me out. I love star wars, but we saw the prices and collectively burst out laughing.

Has anyone had points deducted from their dashboard, yet? Has anyone been able to insure their points, yet?
Because I paid in cash+points, I can't fully insure my party. I covered my cash portion of the booking. I can't cover the person paid in points because the points have to be deducted to initiate the insurance, which must be covered by DVC according to both the TravelX person and the DVC exchange person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter