• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galactic Starcruiser is Dead, Long Live DVC Villas at The Star Wars Hotel?

kilik64

Carefree, wherever we may be!
With galatic starcruiser being no more come september, would you be interested if they converted it to DVC, either buying there or staying there?

They would have to do some major reno I would think (lot of space was dedicated to the plot stuff), and my guess would be they just close it and take the tax write off on the loss on it, but if it WERE converted to DVC you hype or naw?

From what I've heard from people that have done it, no way. Not nearly enough insulation and sound proofing for a DVC. Now if they improve those things, maybe.

No pool etc…. I’ll pass. Needs a lot of work to make it a regular hotel. I don’t see DVC, but I can see a high moderate price tag, the way it is. Deluxe pricing if they add pools and other amenities

With galatic starcruiser being no more come september, would you be interested if they converted it to DVC, either buying there or staying there?

They would have to do some major reno I would think (lot of space was dedicated to the plot stuff), and my guess would be they just close it and take the tax write off on the loss on it, but if it WERE converted to DVC you hype or naw?
I think they will convert the property into a totally immersive Muppet experience.

It’s so unique and niche (small rooms, no windows, etc.) that it would be very difficult and expensive to convert the building into normal accommodations. Much easier to demolish it and start over.

It’s so unique and niche (small rooms, no windows, etc.) that it would be very difficult and expensive to convert the building into normal accommodations. Much easier to demolish it and start over.
Exactly. The building is so specialized there’s no way to convert it into pretty much anything else, really.

Yeah, having stayed there, I don’t see anyway it can work as a hotel. Only thing I can think of is to scrap the rooms and use the other parts as an add on to Galaxy’s Edge, kind of like how Wild Africa Trek can be added on to AK. You’re transported from Battuu up to the ship where you spend 3 to 4 hours including a meal. They could do a lunch session and a dinner session. Then you go back to the Studios.

You’re transported from Battuu up to the ship where you spend 3 to 4 hours including a meal. They could do a lunch session and a dinner session. Then you go back to the Studios.
I agree. That’s seems like a logical and affordable idea. Make it a like “dinner show”, it would be booked like crazy I’m sure. We aren’t huge SW fans so never ever would I have spend a few grand on it but a few hundred for dinner has greater possibilities.

Yeah, having stayed there, I don’t see anyway it can work as a hotel. Only thing I can think of is to scrap the rooms and use the other parts as an add on to Galaxy’s Edge, kind of like how Wild Africa Trek can be added on to AK.
Why do you think it wouldn't work as a hotel? It's got 100 rooms, right?

Why do you think it wouldn't work as a hotel? It's got 100 rooms, right?
Only 100 rooms. Only one dining area. No bus stops. No self parking. No pool. And not much room to expand. If it was a traditional hotel, you’d have to control access, or else it would be swamped with people not staying there. How would you utilize the bridge area? Or the lightsaber training area?

Also, the direct park access was oversold. It is a shuttle.

No pool, no parking and that highway overpass. It is becoming training or storage.

One of the big issues is staffing and plot, so any conversion would not require either. And without the immersion the building is just dreadful

From what I've heard from people that have done it, no way. Not nearly enough insulation and sound proofing for a DVC. Now if they improve those things, maybe.
For VGF2 - They added nothing in the way of soundproofing.

Only 100 rooms. Only one dining area. No bus stops. No self parking. No pool. And not much room to expand. If it was a traditional hotel, you’d have to control access, or else it would be swamped with people not staying there. How would you utilize the bridge area? Or the lightsaber training area?
Have you seen the postage stamp of land where they are putting poly tower ? It has 5x the land available and putting in a bus stop and pool is trivial. Or the could add another building with another 150 rooms.

I don’t think this will happen - a rip out replace with a tower makes 100% more sense but it would be possible to salvage some and make a Star Wars themed DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter