Galapagos ?'s

Dahly

Mouseketeer
For anyone going to the Galapagos - are you going in early, and have you made any plans on your own for that first day? My DS 11 and I are traveling on our own, so I don't think I want to wander to far from the hotel without a specific plan. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Dahly

I'm going to Galapagos. We're arriving on the afternoon of the first day and departing on the last day. I was going to arrive one day early to acclimate to the time zone and altitude but changed my mind.

I don't have any plans for that first day. I think we'll just rest up at the hotel.

From what I've read, pickpockets and robbery seems to be a problem in Quito - more so at night. I've been warned not to walk anywhere, no matter how close, at night. Stay safe.

Thanks for the reply. I would like to use the time to see some things we won't see on the adventure, but I am a little hesitant to venture out without a larger group. The Marriott website shows pics of the pool area, which looks lovely, so we may just hang out there and take it easy! Have a great time!

Dahly

Have you received your pre-trip packet yet? I'm on the 7/7 trip and haven't received anything, except for the confirmation packet which was sent immediately upon booking.

My final payment is coming up soon. Should I expect some sort of billing or is it my responsibility to send in payment before that date?

I have not received anything either, we are on the 7/28 trip. This is our first ABD, so I am not sure if they send an invoice prior to the 90 days or not. I have my due date on the calendar just in case. I guess I will just call then if I haven't received anything.

Have you received your pre-trip packet yet? I'm on the 7/7 trip and haven't received anything, except for the confirmation packet which was sent immediately upon booking.

My final payment is coming up soon. Should I expect some sort of billing or is it my responsibility to send in payment before that date?
Boy, I don't remember getting any sort of billing from them. I just contacted them the day before it was due & paid... I'm pretty sure it's up to you (unless you booked through a TA, who would monitor all that for you.)

Sayhello

We're booked on the Alaska trip departing on 7/1. Payment is due on 4/3 and I got a reminder in the mail today. So you'll probably get a reminder very soon.

We're booked on the Alaska trip departing on 7/1.
Oh, cool! I can hardly wait to hear what you think of the trip. I think you're the first person I've seen going on the Alaska trip...

Sayhello

We will have a few days in Ecuador both before and after our trip. I researched opportunities that will give us a different look at Ecuador from the ABD itinerary with hosts/guides who speak English and understand American culture. We won't have time to get into the Amazon, although we would have loved to do that. So, we are staying within about a 3.5 hour drive of Quito for the on-our-own days. I booked the extra lodging and transportation directly on line and by email. Our lodging for the added days will be at Hacienda Manteles in Patate haciendamanteles.com before the ABD trip and El Monte Lodge in Mindo ecuadorcloudforest.com after the ABD trip.

Sugarland?

What dates are you going?

ETA: Please ignore..i see on another post you are on the trip after ours. Have a great time!

Dahly

There isn't much specific info out there about our trip, I suppose because it's new. If anyone has info or advice I will welcome it! we are a family of 4 (two teens) on the 8/8/09 trip

Rhonda, did you go with ABD? If so, what didn't you like about the Galapagos? We went with ABD and loved the Galapagos. We swam with penguins, sea lions, turtles, saw hundreds of lizards, ****ies, frigate birds, etc. Our naturalists were absolutely phenominal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter