Galaxy’s Edge - Disneyland vs WDW

DMA832

Earning My Ears
Is there a difference between Disneyland’s and WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge? Trying to prioritize more unique or special to Disneyland when we visit Disneyland since we go to WDW on a more frequent basis.

Disneyland is my "home" park but I have yet to experience Galaxys Edge. I will be seeing it for the first time at WDW this fall. I wondered the same and asked and feel like the response were that they were similar enough that it wouldn't matter. But Im curious what kind of responses you will get here

We have been to DL twice to see Galaxy's Edge and just got back from a trip to WDW. They are basically the same in that they offer almost the same things with rides and food and experiences etc. But I have to admit I prefer GE in DL. It just seemed a little bigger and more spread out where HS it seemed more compact. I also missed the meiloorun juice at Ronto Roasters at DL. But to me there was little difference between the two that would be super noticeable.

There are slight differences in the layout and paint scheme of the two lands, but they both have identical rides, shops, restaurants, props, etc. All the same major stuff.

They're basically the same, but not exactly.

The layout is different between the two, specifically the eastern side of both. (The Toy Story Land exit at WDW is turned more south at DL because of the park's layout, so that whole section is shuffled a little bit.) DL's GE is also turned a different direction, so the sunsets are in a different spot.

The rides are the same. The queue for ROTR runs a different path, but not notably. (I can't recall if I went through the queue at Smuggler's Run, but I think it's the same.)

As recently as January, Oga's had slightly different menus between the two. I personally prefer WDW's. (I like the Carbon Freeze, which they didn't have at DLR. And the Oga's Obsession I got at DLR was weird.) I think, overall, the restaurant menus are gently different. (I think the Ronto Wrap vendor is open all day at DL.)

That's a long way to say - if you've done ROTR and SR enough at WDW and your time is limited, you can probably skip those. I find it fun to wander through GE and spot the differences, but you wouldn't necessarily be missing much if you decided not to spend much time there.

Last edited:
The biggest difference is the additional entrance/exit to the land at Disneyland. And the ROTR queue has some slight differences. The paint schemes are also a bit different and that has to do with the weather/sun for each resort.

There are some differences in food/drinks. We like getting the chocolate popcorn as well as the cold brew and Dewback noodles at Docking Bay 7. I don’t think they have any of those at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter