Galentine's Day

tinkerbellandpeterpan

DIS Veteran
Am I the only person who this grates on their nerves? I am so sick of hearing about Galentine's Day. It's not a thing. I feel like I'm in Mean Girls...."stop trying to make Fetch happen". I mean seriously are we that insecure that we need to call it Galentine's? And who is handing out gifts for this? It's ridiculous.

It's been all over this year for some reason and it's driving me crazy. I'm sure I just am overreacting but it I can't quite figure out why I find it so irritating.

Hmmm, doesn’t bother me. I’m long married but have gone to a Galantine’s Brunch hosted by a single friend several times. It’s nothing but a celebration of friendship. Why would you care? Don’t like it. Don’t participate. For me, if it makes someone less lonely or puts a spin on the day that fits them then, OK, fine with me.

Don't know why I care and I really don't. That's why I posted. I guess because I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. Of course people can celebrate however they want. I just found it weird how hard they are pushing gifts for Galentine's Day this year. If people enjoy the day then no worries. No offense meant to anyone!

Great, one more thing for me to make excuses to not attend.
I don't get comments like this. If you have friends close enough to want to "celebrate" Galentines Day with you then they are good enough friends to just say "no" without making up excuses and/or good enough to know it isn't something you'd enjoy and/or good enough to know how to plan something that you'd enjoy.

Never heard of it. Appears to be a term created by some TV show around 2010. Doesn't bother me if some choose to celebrate that way.

I'm shocked so many have never heard of this! Not that I'm proud for knowing about it, but I thought it was fairly common knowledge....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter