• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galveston Thanksgiving restaurant?

Stefileslie85

Mouseketeer
Anyone know of a good restaurant to eat Thanksgiving dinner at in Galveston? We are driving in on Thanksgiving day for a cruise the day after on the Wonder. I know last year some of our fellow cruisers ate at the hotel Galvez and at Landry's Seafood. I also read that the Treamont Cafe was open as well.

Anyone know of a good restaurant to eat Thanksgiving dinner at in Galveston? We are driving in on Thanksgiving day for a cruise the day after on the Wonder. I know last year some of our fellow cruisers ate at the hotel Galvez and at Landry's Seafood. I also read that the Treamont Cafe was open as well.
Try the Moody Gardens hotel.

we went on a cruise last year that left the day after thanksgiving. we stayed overnight at the hotel galvez, which is nice and cool and on the ocean and they had a great buffet which was perfect for us. also, we drove from the DFW area, so they also do a great park and cruise thing. have a great cruise!

The Spot is my favorite restaurant in Galveston.

Wow! The spot looks like it might be the place for us. It's not to far from our hotel, it looks pretty laid back, the prices seem reasonable and the food looks great! Thanks for the suggestion.:)

I second The Spot. Great place. Not sure if they would do anything special on Thanksgiving. If you are driving (as you suggest), consider looking at places in Houston for Thanksgiving Dinner. It wouldn't be too far of a drive and you'll have MANY more choices.

We've only been to Galveston twice from the DFW area. The second time we drove down the morning of the cruise. You could certainly opt for that. You would not likely encounter much traffic the Friday after Thanksgiving. Not sure where you're coming from though. For us, we sailed on a Friday. Left the house early Friday morning to be the traffic through DFW and then stopped for breakfast an in IHOP just north of Houston to wait until traffic cleared and then went straight to the port. We still had plenty of buffer in case something went wrong along the way.

:car: We are coming from the DFW area as well. We'll be driving down Thanksgiving day and our cruise leaves the next day. We have 2 and 4 year old girls so they are going to be pretty tired after the car ride. From what we have seen online The Spot seems like a good choice as it is down the street from our hotel, we won't have to dress up after a long day of driving and with it having a bar and i'm sure football on tv, if our kiddos get loud it shouldn't bother to many people. The Galvez and Moody Gardens look really nice, and if we didn't have tired little ones in tow we probably would opt for one of those. As far as a special menu for Thanksgiving it really doesn't matter to us if they have one or not. We are just looking for a decent place to eat that's casual, a good value, with good food and open. Thanks for all the suggestions. :)
:thanks:

We did this same cruise 2 years ago and Thanksgiving Day we ate at Bubba Gumps.

have 2 and 4 year old girls so they are going to be pretty tired after the car ride..

at the time of travel our little guys will be 5 and 3! We will be in the same boat, pun intended, on all accounts! Looking for a decent, family-friendly, Thanksgiving option for sure!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter