• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gameboy advance?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
Will the games we already have for Gameboy color play on the new gameboy advance? I saw an ad for the advance for $69 and am thinking of getting one for my son for our next trip, but I don't want to buy all new games. Also is it better? Any thoughts?:D Thanks.

Where to you see gameboy advance for $69.00?

Gameboy Advance was advertised in the Target ad this week for only $69.

I saw the ad at Target, Toys R Us will honor the ad also if you take a copy to the store. Thank you josierac, it really does make a difference that he can use the old games. You just made my DS's day and he doesn't even know it yet!:D

It seems that they have dropped the price on Game Boy Advance. We saw them for $69 this weekend both at Best Buy and Toys R Us. DS2 was planning to buy one and thought it was great when he had enough money to buy the Game Boy and a game.

I work at Toys r Us and ours are 69.00 I also saw them at Circuit City for 69.00 I think everyone has lowered their price to this...
My DD loves hers she is 9. I won't leave for Disney without it..lol

Hope

i did not know you could play the old games.... we are driving in may, guess my 2 DS will be sooooo excited with their first car suprise gift!!!!!! YAY!!!!

The old games do work but they do not have the graphics that the new ones have.They play in their original format. I thought they played smaller on the screen but DS says there is a way to make them larger to fit the whole screen. Even the original gameboy games work and they can be found often for 10.00 or so, sometimes as low as 5.00. These games are wonderful for travel and to fill spare time in the room.We found a couple of the old 5.00 games and made them a surprise on the trip and DS enjoyed them as much as the new games that went with the advance verson.

Jordan's mom

DS (6) loves his Gameboy Advance. He had a Gameboy Color and wanted the GBA so much, he saved all his allowance and used that and his birthday money to buy it. It does seem to go through batteries faster than the GBC did. You might want to look at the car adaptor. for it if you're going to be using it in the car alot. You also might want to get a light for it. DS loves the light and he can play when we're driving at night.

We're taking the GBCs to WDW instead of the brand new GBA (DD figures she won't be heart broken if the GBC gets lost/stolen/broken).

We invested in rechargeable batteries for our DS's GBA's and GBColors. We have had the same batteries for over 2 years. We brought the charger with us when we drove from NY to FL and were able to charge the batteries when we stopped for the night. I think this would be easier than using a car adapter that has to plug into the lighter in the front seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter