Games to play while waiting - non-smartphone

TheyCallMeStacey

Mouseketeer
What are some of your go-to games to play while waiting in line or to rope drop? Trying to think of ways to keep us occupied without using phone batteries :)

If your kids are a bit older the name game, so I start with a celebrity and then you have to name another celebrity with the first letter of my celebrities last name.
Britney spears
Sally field
Frank Sinatra
Etc Etc

we make different rules, no baseball players, or characters are ok or they aren’t, we also play this in the car

I'm one of those people who if you are in the least bit friendly and wait in a line with me more than 20 minutes, we'll be friends by the end of it. So my game is meeting everyone that will talk to me. LOL

I've actually met a lot of people in long lines I became good friends with. It's fun to see the couple you were in line 2 days ago on space mountain with and chat with them.

I'm one of those people who if you are in the least bit friendly and wait in a line with me more than 20 minutes, we'll be friends by the end of it. So my game is meeting everyone that will talk to me. LOL

I've actually met a lot of people in long lines I became good friends with. It's fun to see the couple you were in line 2 days ago on space mountain with and chat with them.
That’s been my experience, too! Some of my best memories from Disney trips are the conversations with strangers I probably have nothing else in common with!

We play a game where someone thinks of something (an animal, an object, a person, etc.) and the others take turns asking yes or no questions to see if they can guess it. Maybe it's called 20 questions? Although we don't count the questions, we just play until they guess.

-If you’re in a queue with a lot to look at Eye Spy is a good game. You know, “I spy with my little eye something that is *insert color or shape*”
-When I was younger my sister and I used to pass time by braiding each others hair in lines
-If you don’t get too crazy, the hand slap game is fun
-Concentration- pick a topic and take turns naming something in that topic until someone can’t think of an answer. Example- topic=Type of sharks: hammer head, great white, etc…

I know you said not smartphone, but in case that was because you wanted something interactive, we love the Disney parks deck in Heads up app and people around us in line usually jump in and play and it’s great fun. Sorry if this is off topic…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter