• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Grill Breakfast

Well, if biscuits and gravy are gone, I think I'll keep my lunch reservation; the lunch looks amazing too. My mom and I love the b&g - - there's no explaining it, but if you're a fan, there's no better comfort food, and if you're not, no amount of convincing will change your mind! (So, for those of you from outside the US, don't pass up the chance if it comes your way - - and you can make up your own mind!)

I have been to 1900 Park Fare and thought it mediocre, probably for the same reason mentioned above. Buffet can mean cold waffles, etc. But I loved the characters and it was so worth it to have my pix taken with Practically Perfect herself!

Sorry for the hijack but wondering for those who have eaten here and have motion sick problems did they have any issues with the restaurant revolving.

I know it's slow and all but wondering because DD really wants to eat here but I get motion sick easily and am a bit hesitant. It's only the two of us on this trip so thought I'd ask. (I had to leave the restaurant at the Marriott in Times Square that slowly revolved!):crazy2:

I am fine there. I am pretty sensitive and I did notice the movement, but only when I got up from the table. When I was sitting I was ok!

This is our plan. We have a reservation for 8:05 , but I dont know if we can be done before the rope drop crowd gets to Soarin.
I asked that a while ago and I think the answer was "probably not". I think they drop the rope about 15 minutes before it opens so there is plenty of time for people to be there even before 9.

Sorry for the hijack but wondering for those who have eaten here and have motion sick problems did they have any issues with the restaurant revolving.

I know it's slow and all but wondering because DD really wants to eat here but I get motion sick easily and am a bit hesitant. It's only the two of us on this trip so thought I'd ask. (I had to leave the restaurant at the Marriott in Times Square that slowly revolved!):crazy2:
I tend to get motion sick easily and did not have a problem there, but I did at the restaurant in the Space Needle I. Seattle. I think it just depends on several factors I guess.

We had an 8:00 ADR and got to Soarin just before the rope droppers, so it is possible!

Great, thank you! I have an 8:00 and with the new Frozen attractions likely to eat up our tier 1 FP+, our only shot at Soarin' is right at open. I hope this works out!

I asked that a while ago and I think the answer was "probably not". I think they drop the rope about 15 minutes before it opens so there is plenty of time for people to be there even before 9.

Aw man :( We have a breakfast ADR at 8:20 on our Epcot day and was hoping there was a possibility to still make it over there. I'll keep checking back for earlier times I guess! Glad to hear that so many enjoy it, we've never eaten here before but I think my kids will get a kick out of the revolving restaurant! Plus, we love Chip & Dale!

We have an ADR for Garden Grill (first time!) and I'm truly excited after reading this thread and looking at the photos :hyper:

ETA - can you get regular syrup for the waffles? While chocolate -hazelnut would be grand, I'm allergic to tree nuts.

I know Disney does amazingly well with diet restrictions :) Just be sure to put in your reservations of your restrictions

Responding to the vertigo question:

We were there in January. Mine is benign positional but also migraine related type vertigo. We were seated right at the front rail so looking right at the ride. I was daunted at first and nearly left ds and dh. I stayed it was fine. The spinning was definitely noticeable to me. But it was fine.

I've heard that sitting up on the higher or further back part may be better? We are returning next week so obviously I survived lol! I will be popping a meclizine before hand though!

Besides that it was really the best character interaction we've had and we've been to all of them, I believe.

Thank you for your help. I'm going to give it a "whirl". Hopefully a very very slow almost indiscernible whirl.

Last edited:
We had an 8:00 ADR and got to Soarin just before the rope droppers, so it is possible!
Did you have to rush while eating? I know we have trouble getting our check after we eat, I hope we don't have to wait on that.

Did you have to rush while eating? I know we have trouble getting our check after we eat, I hope we don't have to wait on that.
You can ask them to bring your check early. We had free dining and we got everything taken care of well before we were ready to leave. I don't remember rushing at all. The only thing that may delay you is if you end up having to wait for all the characters to make it to your table. We had a bit of a wait for the last character to come but still made it in time to practically walk onto Soarin.

You can ask them to bring your check early. We had free dining and we got everything taken care of well before we were ready to leave. I don't remember rushing at all. The only thing that may delay you is if you end up having to wait for all the characters to make it to your table. We had a bit of a wait for the last character to come but still made it in time to practically walk onto Soarin.

This answers exactly what I wanted to know. We have a 8am breakfast booked for our last day at epcot and would love to be able to get on soarin before the crowds hit. Hopefully from what you have said we should have time, if we get the check early. Oh and if disney doesnt add any extra early magic hours that day. I've made a few pre park opening breakfasts and it will be just my luck for disney to change the hours so we won't be pre park opening anymore :rolleyes:

This answers exactly what I wanted to know. We have a 8am breakfast booked for our last day at epcot and would love to be able to get on soarin before the crowds hit. Hopefully from what you have said we should have time, if we get the check early. Oh and if disney doesnt add any extra early magic hours that day. I've made a few pre park opening breakfasts and it will be just my luck for disney to change the hours so we won't be pre park opening anymore :rolleyes:
I hope it works out for you!! And I hope you love your breakfast. It was easily our favorite breakfast on our trip!!

Well I think this thread has convinced me to book breakfast instead of lunch. DW is a breakfast lover and I can use this to entice her out of bed early...hopefully.

ETA - can you get regular syrup for the waffles? While chocolate -hazelnut would be grand, I'm allergic to tree nuts.

Yes, we requested and were served syrup.

We ate at both Garden Grill and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast on our trip in April. Both were tasty with good character interaction.
1900 Park Fare has more variety of food, but because it's sitting out the quality suffers a bit. Nothing wrong, but it's a buffet. Characters were great - especially the Mad Hatter and Alice.
Garden Grill was a pre-park opening breakfast. Food was very good, hot and service was great. We were one of the first tables seated and got photos with the whole group of characters as well as many individual ones and multiple visits from all the characters. No biscuits and gravy, though :( They did serve Jungle Juice, though! We were done before the park opened and got right in line to meet Joy & Sadness with a less than 10 minute wait. Soarin' was down while we were there, but I would think that would be a perfect scenario to get on right away.

This was almost exactly our experience at the end of April. We had an 8:00am ADR (with EPCOT opening at 9:00) and were finished in time to be first in line for Joy & Sadness at 8:50 (we still had to wait until 9:00 for the M&G to begin). We didn't have biscuits and gravy, either - but we did have mimosas. :D We enjoyed both breakfasts - GG was one of DH's favorites food-wise, and I preferred 1900 PF for character interaction. We would definitely choose GG in the future if we were looking to start an early day at EPCOT, and would consider returning to 1900 PF for breakfast on a break day or maybe an early ADR before heading to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter