Garden Grill to Soarin

mydisneyanytime

Mouseketeer
We have a 9:10 Garden Grill reservation on the 30th of this month. We have had earlier reservations where we were able to get finished and get to Soarin before anyone else was even in the building. Will there be anyway for us to get into the ride and get to our reservation? I know that we need to check in to our reservation early if not on time.

They would have to open the park early and you'd have to be at the front of the rope drop pack, meaning you'd have to arrive at the gates early. You'd also have to walk at a brisk pace back there to beat most of the crowd. Personally, I wouldn't rush it and just plan to go later on. We have found Soarin wait times are much more manageable now, and its relatively easy to book it as a 4th FP after your first 3 are used.

With a 9:10 reservation I don't believe you're able to enter the park before other guests so you would be pushing it to arrive a Soarin, line up, go through pre-show and ride the attraction. You would definitely be late for your 9:10 reservation even if you were the first person to ride Soarin' that day.

Thanks. I know that we can get in early to make it there at 9:10 since it is a 9 opening. We will just try it and see!

The queue is a quarter mile, then the preshow, then the show, then exit and get upstairs. So it will take you give minutes just to get to the preshow area.

I've never had an ADR in the 9-10am range (assuming a 9am opening). They really don't let you in a pinch early? Like, aren't you supposed to check in around 9am for a 9:10 reserva, so maybe let you in around 8:50am to walk to the restaurant?
If not, that's another reason to never accept an ADR in the first 30 minutes of park opening: Having to fight RD crowds just to get or my meal.

No way you can arrive for 9am opening, do Soarin' and get to a 9:10am ADR even if it's right next door.

I've never had an ADR in the 9-10am range (assuming a 9am opening). They really don't let you in a pinch early? Like, aren't you supposed to check in around 9am for a 9:10 reserva, so maybe let you in around 8:50am to walk to the restaurant?
If not, that's another reason to never accept an ADR in the first 30 minutes of park opening: Having to fight RD crowds just to get or my meal.

As far as I'm aware they don't. They let anyone with an ADR before 9am in early, but any time after park opening you just enter with the normal crowds.

We have a 9:10 Garden Grill reservation on the 30th of this month. We have had earlier reservations where we were able to get finished and get to Soarin before anyone else was even in the building. Will there be anyway for us to get into the ride and get to our reservation? I know that we need to check in to our reservation early if not on time.
I'd say it's very unlikely on a 9am open that ud b able to ride soarin and b at garden grill by 910. The que and ride itself is longer anyways and you'd still have to walk there and get out the exit etc. Personally, I wouldn't keep a 910 reservation...if you can't get PPO adr, then I'd try for as late as possible- like 1045...so you're not losing the most valuable park time on eating.

No they don't let you in early for anything after 859.

They didn't let us in before 8am for an 8am ADR lol. It was fine, but I did think it was odd.

I had a 8:35 res at GG (park opening at 9). We had a wonderful breakfast, met all the characters, then waited forever for the waitress to process check while we watched scores of people lining up for Saurin’. By the time we got downstairs, Saurin’ was on a 20 minute wait. It was really only like 10 minute wait though and it worked out great.

I had a 8:35 res at GG (park opening at 9). We had a wonderful breakfast, met all the characters, then waited forever for the waitress to process check while we watched scores of people lining up for Saurin’. By the time we got downstairs, Saurin’ was on a 20 minute wait. It was really only like 10 minute wait though and it worked out great.

A lot of people here recommend asking for the check right away at the buffet/family style meals if you're trying to get somewhere immediately after, so when you're done eating you can just leave.

A lot of people here recommend asking for the check right away at the buffet/family style meals if you're trying to get somewhere immediately after, so when you're done eating you can just leave.
That’s a good idea... the candelight processional tickets were another matter though. I thought it would be on magic band, but no, the waitress had to retrieve the paper tickets from who knows where.

MyDisneyAnytime - I wanted to know what actually happened with your 9:10am reservation last month? Were you allowed to enter the park before rope drop? I'm in the same predicament this July with a 9:05am Res. Folks seem confident the Res has to be before 9am to get in early. I'll keep trying to move mine up.

We did not try. We were able to get out DAS pass renewed outside the park. Once in the Land we got a return time for the ride, then ate, then rode. However, with an opening of 9 they were letting people into the park well before that time. This was on Dec. 30 so it might have been due to the holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter