Garden Grocer prices vs. Landscape of flavors grab n go

bluedolphin32

Mouseketeer
I wasn't sure where to put this question, so please move if it fits better elsewhere!

I'm looking at ordering milk, OJ, water, yogurt, and some fruit from Garden Grocer. It seems pretty expensive ,especially with the $14 delivery fee. I was trying to compare prices of those items to what it would cost to buy it at the foodcourt at AoA. There seems to be some savings, but maybe not after the steep delivery fee. Is GG going to save me any money vs. buying the same items at grab n go at Landscape of Flavors?

I think a yogurt is around $3. Fruit in small cups is also around $3. Your best bet is to order through Amazon Prime Now.

It seems as if GG prices have gone way up.

Last time we ordered from Amazon Prime Now and saved a ton and no delivery fee if you meet a certain amount. I want to say it's $35 maybe, but could even be $25. Chobani Yogurts were between $1 and $1.25 for example.

I've been reading people are getting Publix deliveries or doing Walmart pick up on the way to Disney if they rent a car. I notice there is a Publix near the Character Warehouse nearest WDW. It might be useful to swing by Publix and just pick up your order so you won't have to set aside the hour or however long you have to be available to receive your delivery.

Edit to add with the free 14 day trial offered on their website you could even get your order for free. Just be sure to remember to cancel. Says after the trial you get dinged $149 for one year.

We don't have a Prime membership (shocking, I know!). Would I be able to order through Prime Now if I have a free trial going during our trip? Some of the feedback on Prime Now says that items can go in and out of stock and they may not have what you need right when you're ready to order.

GG prices are so high I'm considering not tipping - is that insulting? I feel like they're already going to get plenty of money from me with their higher prices and delivery fee.

GG prices are so high I'm considering not tipping - is that insulting? I feel like they're already going to get plenty of money from me with their higher prices and delivery fee.
I think it is. The company gets that delivery fee. The shopper and delivery person, unless it's the owner, does not. Up to you whether to tip, but it's appropriate.

We don't have a Prime membership (shocking, I know!). Would I be able to order through Prime Now if I have a free trial going during our trip? Some of the feedback on Prime Now says that items can go in and out of stock and they may not have what you need right when you're ready to order.

Not sure on the first part but I can't see why not. Yes Prime Now is fluid not only in what's in stock but also prices, but it hasn't seemed to but huge differences, may a few cents up to .25, but once you purchase the price is locked in . You can place your order starting the day before. Some have even ordered from the plan on their way down. I order the day before to get the delivery slot I want and just in case the planes wifi isn't working.

Stay away from GG and use one of the other options. There are many now, from Instacart to Dizzy Dolphin to Prime Now. We're doing the car rental/Walmart pickup route this trip.

We're ordering from safeway, but we have a bigger order. Not sure what the minimum is, but they have free delivery on your first order.

I appreciate everyone's input! I'm actually leaning towards a Safeway delivery now. I need to check and see if they have what I want first, otherwise I may look into Prime Now. Amazon has been dangling the "free trial" carrot on my last few visits...

With more competition, do you think GG will have to lower their prices? Their prices are literally double what I pay for things at home, and then a $14 delivery fee?! I'd rather buy things at the resort. Glad there are other viable options out there. Thanks!

I've never tried Safeway, but they get my vote.

I used Prime Now twice this past week. Both times were something of a disaster. The 1st order they left out part of the order. Also despite my being there to meet the delivery, the driver just left everything at bell services. He never called or texted me to say he was there so twenty minutes after the 2 hour delivery window was over I had to call to see where it was. Took multiple calls to find it. Huge waste of my time especially since the missing items were the main reason we ordered in the first place.

Btw the missing items weren't out of stock - they were just missing at delivery. Customer service is unable to send out replacement items so I was offered a credit for the missing items. I ended up requesting an additional credit to cover the delivery fee for placing a new order for the missing items without having to again meet the free delivery minimum.

Second try was today. I paid extra for delivery in under an hour so I didn't have to have anyone hang out for a 2 hour window and so we could actually eat dinner in the room tonight. Order was placed at 5:13. I got a notification that it would be there soon at 6:12. 6:25 I was told it had been delivered. 6:45 I called Amazon to find out to whom it was delivered because it wasn't delivered to me or bell services. All Amazon can do is issue a credit or connect you to the driver who in my case swore up and down that he had delivered it and put it in the luggage room at my hotel himself.

At 8:12 I finally got my 1 hour rush delivery. The driver had delivered it to the wrong hotel.

But on the up side, you don't actually have to be present for delivery despite what Amazon Now claims when you place the order.

Stay away from GG and use one of the other options. There are many now, from Instacart to Dizzy Dolphin to Prime Now. We're doing the car rental/Walmart pickup route this trip.
I was on Walmart’s grocery app yesterday and they now deliver to at least Animal Kingdom. It might be worth checking your hotel.

With Safeway will they leave it with Bell Service or will they deliver directly to your room?

Thanks! We were looking into a delivery service, but they all had prices that were crazy high. I didn't realize Safeway delivered and their prices seem amazing compared to others. Thanks Lvsdisney for the suggestion!

Does anyone know if we are not arriving until midnight if bell service will hold the groceries until then? I really want to do either Prime Now or Safeway delivery, so I can get some produce & dairy items, but we’re doing a park the next day and I don’t want to be stuck waiting around in the morning for a delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter