• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gas at my neighborhood store, just hit 2.69 a gallon... How are the gas prices in your area? Updated 3/10

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Winter Garden Florida...

I got gas on Friday( 3/5) at a Wal-mart gas station, it was 2.59( regular)... and yesterday 3/6 we went by it was 2.69 that's, 10 cent rise basically over night...

If it keeps going like this, it will be at 4 or more dollars a gallon by the end of the year... :scared:

Please post where you live at...

3/9/21
I had to get gas yesterday, at the station down the street, 2.89... a gallon for regular... so up .30 cent a gallon since last Friday so in 4 days its went up this much...

I think if things keep going we might see 5.00 or more by mid-summer

While more people are moving about, lots of people still are not working, or just getting back to work. Trying to get there feet underneath them... Huge jumps in the price gas really will make people stop and think about traveling, and spending money... as well.. as gas and diesel fuel cost increase - so does the cost of moving goods across the country, which will effect the cost of basically everything...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: slo

Winter Garden Florida...

I got gas on Friday( 3/6) at a Wal-mart gas station, it was 2.59( regular)... and yesterday we went by it was 2.69 that's, 10 cent rise basically over night...

If it keeps going like this, it will be at 4 or more dollars a gallon by the end of the year... :scared:

Please post where you live at...

Same here in the Chicagoland area 👎🏻

As driving and industry picked up after the virus related shutdowns, oil prices rose too.

On top of that, we used to be one of the lower priced states for gasoline till they started raising the gas tax a few years ago. I believe we had the second lowest gas tax in the nation and now have the fourth highest. And they put an automatic increase mechanism in place for when gas tax revenues are not high enough. And guess what? Due to the pandemic, gas tax revenues fell so the tax went up again just last October I believe it was.

The station I usually use is now $2.65, but I have seen other stations as high as 2.99.

Gas prices have significantly increased and expected to continue the upward trajectory. Anticipating the $5+ per gallon. Unfortunately gas prices are only the beginning. :sad:

Last edited:
I haven't paid attention this weekend but I think we were around 3.20 when I looked last week, central CA. Seems like the prices always go up just before spring break.

$3.33 a gallon for regular self serve at ARCO, which tends to be the cheapest brand around here.

I don't belong to Costco, but I just checked GasBuddy and they are $3.27 for regular.

I think we're at $2.60ish in Tampa Bay.

It's not rocket surgery...for about a year no one was going anywhere or doing anything. Prices bottomed out, so oil and gas production was pulled back because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep making something that gets you less and less money.

Now, as the weather is getting better and people are getting vaccinated and figuring out how to move around safely, demand is rising before supply has had a chance to catch up.

For perspective, gas averaged:

$2.44/gal in FL in February 2021
$2.52/gal in FL in February 2018
$3.07/gal in FL in February 2008

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter