Gaston Meet and Greet

dreamer17555

DIS Veteran
So my son has made one big non Star Wars request and that is he really wants to meet Gaston. What is the best strategy for meeting him? We are planning on being in the MK on an EMH morning hitting Tomorrowland and working our way over to Fantasyland. If his set starts at 10:00 AM when is the best time to plan to be there? Trying to figure out how much time to set aside for this.

On the plus side my son has a Gaston costume so the pics should be adorable.

I would get there about 30 minutes before Gaston does. Especially since it's early in the day, I'd rather wait from 9:30-10am than 10-10:30 (or later) and have it start to get warm in line.

So my son has made one big non Star Wars request and that is he really wants to meet Gaston. What is the best strategy for meeting him? We are planning on being in the MK on an EMH morning hitting Tomorrowland and working our way over to Fantasyland. If his set starts at 10:00 AM when is the best time to plan to be there? Trying to figure out how much time to set aside for this.

On the plus side my son has a Gaston costume so the pics should be adorable.
The last time we saw him, they often cut off his line, before he even came out. I think we got in line about half hour before his next time. He is very popular.

The last time we saw him, they often cut off his line, before he even came out. I think we got in line about half hour before his next time. He is very popular.

How busy was the park the day you were there? I am curious how much the park crowds effect how long his line gets.

I'd also recommend getting there about 30 min prior. You can check online or ask a CM the times that he'll be out.

The times I've been over there to watch the meet and greets the line has been probably 20-30 people deep and I've also seen them cut the line off before he comes out. He's very popular and spends quite some time with each guest. So I'd aim to get there early

We were there on Thursday, 4/20. We just happened to be walking by where Gaston was. It was probably around 3pm. There was a line, but maybe only 10 people. We got in it. We waited about 15 minutes tops. Gaston was so entertaining that we enjoyed waiting in line. He was so funny (and handsome)! I guess there are various Gaston’s. The woman behind us seemed to be an expert on the Gaston’s and told us we had the best one.

The line never got excessively long. Maybe people just don’t realize Gaston is there.

Good luck!!

This was a couple of years ago on a Thursday in May, but there was already a line forming about 20 minutes before he came out. It was not what I'd consider a "busy" day. You definitely want to see him first thing if possible. I'd shoot for 9:30-9:40 if he comes out at 10:00. Whatever you do, don't get there later than 10:00. Once people see he's out, the line to meet him grows very quickly. It was one of our favorite M&G on our trip.

Can you tell me more about this Gaston? What is he like?

He totally stays in character!!!

So .... if you are sensitive or don't like to be embarrassed ...... oops.

Arrive early, at least 30 minutes. We have had to wait much longer since line was cut off. A favorite for us!

Last year he was our only MUST DO for MNSSHP, and Belle was with him. We were Chip & Mrs Potts so the picture had to happen.

Last edited:
Gaston is the absolute best meet ever. He is our favorite. Getting to meet him and the strategy really depends on how crowded the day will be when you're there. Ask a CM in the area when he'll be around. We stood in line about 10 - 15 minutes before she said he would arrive and only waited a few minutes once he arrived. Grab a Le Fou's brew from the Tavern for the wait. If you miss him, grab a snack. He takes breaks for about 20 minutes and meets for about 20 minutes. There is also a little shop near there. If you miss him, you could browse the shop then try back.

I know my son is in for a hard time when he meets Gaston. He’ll be wearing a beast shirt, haha! But a question - will Gaston kinda go easy on the kids if they seem shy? My little guy is pretty sensitive (was actually just diagnosed with autism) and I’m a bit nervous about this. But definitely can’t skip Gaston because this kid is OBSESSED with Beauty and the Beast and frequently talks about wanting to meet the characters, including Gaston (Says, “I’m gonna tell him he’s mean and needs to leave Beast alone!” Yeah no, he’s definitely going to clam up and not do that, haha.) Of course I’ll make sure my son is prepared that Gaston is, you know, Gaston. But figured it was worth asking. Good to know that lining up early may be necessary.

We had a great interaction with Gaston in 2015. We were walking by, he had just come out for his meet when my 5yr old Dd yelled at him
"You Suck Gaston" he stopped and tried to tell here how great he was, while she continued to tell him to stop being mean to Belle, best character meet ever.

I agree, 30 minutes before he arrives is a must. He is a must see for my dd. He is great at maintaining his character.

Don’t worry about the interaction with your son. He is so funny, but pokes fun at himself, not others. My daughter is 11, but very shy. He could read that and poked fun at my DH instead...comparing muscles, which my daughter thought was hilarious. He did similar with a shy 5 yr old boy. If you are concerned, you could let the handler know and I’m sure they will make sure your son is more than comfortable.

There were many teens and young adult women all swooning over him. That alone was fun to watch.

I know my son is in for a hard time when he meets Gaston. He’ll be wearing a beast shirt, haha! But a question - will Gaston kinda go easy on the kids if they seem shy? My little guy is pretty sensitive (was actually just diagnosed with autism) and I’m a bit nervous about this. But definitely can’t skip Gaston because this kid is OBSESSED with Beauty and the Beast and frequently talks about wanting to meet the characters, including Gaston (Says, “I’m gonna tell him he’s mean and needs to leave Beast alone!” Yeah no, he’s definitely going to clam up and not do that, haha.) Of course I’ll make sure my son is prepared that Gaston is, you know, Gaston. But figured it was worth asking. Good to know that lining up early may be necessary.

I have been amazed at Gaston’s ability to interact well with small kids while also remaining completely in character. The first time we met him DD was 5. It had rained and she had dropped her autograph book on the wet ground while we were waiting to meet him. We had made personalized books with the characters’ pictures on each page and Gaston’s image had smudged from getting wet. She had already been a bit nervous about meeting him since he’s a villain and kind of a lot and this kind of pushed it over the edge so she was on the verge of tears when we went up to meet him. He read my daughter’s mood and very quickly had her laughing and feeling fine about her book getting a little smudged all while being his stuck-up conceited self. He’s been a favorite of the whole family ever since!

My son met him dressed as Beast when he was 5 and they had a lot of fun with that.

Your five year old yells 'you suck'?

Judgy much? It was a cute story.

I think the advice given to tell the handler about your son is smart. While our meet with Gaston was our favorite, I did see him give some younger boys a pretty hard time. Of course, it was all in fun, but I can see where a younger child with autism might get upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter