Gastro Bypass & Dinning packages???

sassydisneymom

Mouseketeer
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there, hope your as happy as can be!!! ::MickeyMo
I've got a question that I could really use some help with.
We are planning our first trip to WDW at the end of June this year. We added the dinning package to our MYW tickets and room. 2 adults one Jr. and one child.
Yes, I have had gastro bypass, and I don't eat like a noramal adult usually does. Normally my husband and I share a meal at sit down resturants or I order a kids meal.
Does anyone know if they will allow us to share meals with our dinning package? or will I have to order a full meal everytime? This really only matters at Sit down meals. I know counter service won't matter.
I would really appreciate any answers, or if anyone else has had any of the same experiences.
Thank you
Karen :earsgirl:

I know for sit down meals without the dining package, we have shared meals. Usually, the server will even bring you extra plates so that you don't have to share a plate.
We've never used the dining packages, but from what I have read, you may find that it's not the best option for you (depending on the other people in your party). From what I have read, I think everyone in your party has to be included in the package and in order to get your money out of it, you have to eat some pretty big meals.
Hopefully, some people who have more experience can answer.

Hey there, :flower:
thanks for your info, i really appreciate it alot. I'm going to take my card from the DR. hopefully that should help too.
God Bless.
Karen :earsgirl:

I am 2 yrs post op and frankly I find carrying cards and flashing my state is just silly. Why not just ditch the plan for your family trip because it won't be a good 'deal' for your family. Take a look at the menus and figure out your daily food costs vs the dining plan. I like the flexibility of ordering exactly what I want and not trying to order based on a fixed price meal plan. You will probably come out ahead if you just order what your family will actually eat. Is everyone in your party really going to eat all the food that comes with the plan? You would have to roll me out in a wheel barrow if I ate a full app, entree, and dessert.

As far as kids meals go, they are some of the most unhealthy food around. They are filled with carbs and fat. Surgery was an extreme expensive option and I am not ruining it with kids meals just because they are cheaper. I order a healthy entree and will share with family/friends if the other party is willing, but I don't sacrifice choice for money. I didn't have surgery just to never be able to order a meal. Order what you like and just ask the server to take the plate away when you are done. At many restaurants servers ask if I didn't like my meal since I ate so little, but I just smile and say I am full. The server really doesn't care to see your little card explaining your surgery. Perhaps I am a more private person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter