Gate Checking Stroller

Peaseblossom36

Mouseketeer
Can anyone recommend a good stroller bag for gate checking? I have a City Mini GT2 so struggling to find the brand bag since they aren't made anymore so are $$$$. All the reviews I've been seeing on bags are pretty negative so thought this may be a good place to ask.

Thanks!

I've checked four different strollers on dozens of flights and I don't use the bag anymore. They just throw it on top of the luggage, so no bag makes it easier on them. My strollers are already banged up plenty.

If I needed a bag, I'd just get a generic one on Amazon. This is not where you need a fancy name brand object, just one that fits and hopefully survives a flight or two.

I struggled to find a gt2 bag too for months and lucked into finding a brand new one that a local baby store was selling on clearance. Just randomly found it on google search. Its crazy how much people are asking for used (not in great condition) babyjogger bags.

I struggled to find a gt2 bag too for months and lucked into finding a brand new one that a local baby store was selling on clearance. Just randomly found it on google search. Its crazy how much people are asking for used (not in great condition) babyjogger bags.
Maybe I'll try that next time I'm near one. I love the stroller but the cost of the accessories and how hard they are to find is crazy. I bought the stroller secondhand and would probably have made a different choice if I had known!

Maybe I'll try that next time I'm near one. I love the stroller but the cost of the accessories and how hard they are to find is crazy. I bought the stroller secondhand and would probably have made a different choice if I had known!
I love my gt2 and was lucky that we got it when it first came out so accessories were abundant. My son loves the belly bar and could care less for the snack tray but I have both. Wish I had gotten the stroller bag back then but I had gotten an old gt off FB marketplace just for travel and was able to use the IKEA bag hack for that. The gt's handlebar can really fold downwards unlike the gt2 so no IKEA bag hack for that one. Are you in any of the FB BJ buy/sell groups? Sometimes bags will pop up...rare but they do. Just have to make sure its the right one. The gt2 bag is super rare...most of the ones I've seen are for the select/bigger strollers. One did pop up recently...right after I found mine. Figures!

When I had trouble finding stroller bags I would buy the heavy duty canvas bags that military personnel uses. I had one for a double that we now use to store gear on top of our Jeep, it’s lasted for years!

I have the regular city mini2 and just used a bob/britax stroller bag. I did have to take off front wheels though.
Edit: my brain doesn't work today, it was the back wheels I had to take off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter