Gatorland?

google discount tix, you can find them.

i love the place, there and showcase of citrus are my 2 favs for non action parks.

tip: by 2 packs of hot dogs from the hot dog lady and walk as far back into the park as you can, the gators back there are hungry, the gators a few steps from where you buy the dogs are full.

attend the shows, they are hokie, but fun.

google discount tix, you can find them.

i love the place, there and showcase of citrus are my 2 favs for non action parks.

tip: by 2 packs of hot dogs from the hot dog lady and walk as far back into the park as you can, the gators back there are hungry, the gators a few steps from where you buy the dogs are full.

attend the shows, they are hokie, but fun.

How long do you usually spend there? Any time of day that's particularly good or bad?

We're doing a three-day-weekend with one day allocated to Legoland, but i'm working on filling in the rest.

half day or more

we typically went to breakfast, then there. dunno about better time of the day other than if its hot avoid heat of mid day but that not always possible. they have a petting zoo with goats that always has cracked me up, buy the cone with the food, but watch the goats are little thieves.

Gatorland is a decent place to spend a half day. Also up the road about 15-20 minutes on Orange Blossom Trail is The Florida Mall which is a very large shopping mall featuring major department stores as well as smaller retailers.

Wanted to concur with what others said, and that this is a very nice non-Disney attraction if you have a car (it's about a 20-30 min ride from the parks).

In addition to (or instead of) third-party discounts, you can get $3 off per ticket just by buying a ticket online in advance (same day is fine).

All of us really liked it, esp my 6-year-old, who loved getting her picture taken holding an 8-foot gator. Definitely try to visit the free shows. We spent about 2.5 or 3 hours here. Easily could have spent 4 hours here, though not a full day.

Very reasonably priced (~$29/adult, $20/kids), free parking, and not unbearably crowded.

Haven’t been here in, ahem, decades lol. Thought it would be something GD might enjoy.

Has anyone done the Gator Night Shine?

Gatorland is a decent place to spend a half day. Also up the road about 15-20 minutes on Orange Blossom Trail is The Florida Mall which is a very large shopping mall featuring major department stores as well as smaller retailers.

Crayola Experience is at that mall, our kids enjoy it. We’ve been a couple times, and there are discounts to be found for it.

Wanted to concur with what others said, and that this is a very nice non-Disney attraction if you have a car (it's about a 20-30 min ride from the parks).

In addition to (or instead of) third-party discounts, you can get $3 off per ticket just by buying a ticket online in advance (same day is fine).

All of us really liked it, esp my 6-year-old, who loved getting her picture taken holding an 8-foot gator. Definitely try to visit the free shows. We spent about 2.5 or 3 hours here. Easily could have spent 4 hours here, though not a full day.

Very reasonably priced (~$29/adult, $20/kids), free parking, and not unbearably crowded.
Gatorland was on our radar for our recent stay but we were unable to visit. We did, however, get to view wild alligators at Lake Apopka which we all enjoyed.

Haven’t been here in, ahem, decades lol. Thought it would be something GD might enjoy.

Has anyone done the Gator Night Shine?

We are booked for the Night Shine on April 18th. Have visited Gatorland several times now, but the Night Shine has been on my wish list for a while. I can let you know how it goes, if you'd like.

Any reviews? Tips? Advice?

We have been a couple of times, and always enjoy it. The shows are fun (cheesy, yes, but fun) and well worth a watch.

I HIGHLY recommend the Adventure Hour, where you get to hand feed chunks of meat to some of the biggest gators in the park. Amazing experience watching them all sidle up to the banks in anticipation, and be within a couple of feet of their massiveness with no barriers whatsoever. Best upgrade at the park. IMHO.

yes, hokey & tourist trap, but we luv, best tip, bring bathing suits, it gets hot!, they have a small bucket- splash park, best memories of kids cooling off, also do the shows, ps. they pick you even if you don't raise yr hands, see the white allig, lastly get yr kids pix on the allig after the show

We just took our grandson a few months ago... We are locals,( Winter Garden) and really haven't visited there in a while... We had a wonderful day... we spent a half day.... There is a good amount of stuff to check out...
We did the package that included everything... They did have some zip-lining, which we did not do with a 5 year old, as well they do have like a large splash pad for the kiddo's it was too cool out for him to get into the water... I think that we will take him back when the weather get warmer...

As far as food, limited choice's, burgers and such. They offered Uncrustables ( peanut butter and jelly sandwiches things) which is nice for the kiddo's... Overall food, a couple steps up from fair food...

Head toward the back and feed the alligators back there... They have the albino gators which are interesting to see.. I did like feeding the birds, they have a aviary, you have to be careful with the kids, and make sure that they don't step on them...

If you are looking for another spot, Dinosaur World another half day spot... It's right off of I-4 near Plant City... Our grandson loves it.... It is really well done, I have to say that I did not think that it would be a nice as it is... another great way to spend a half or whole day....
the do not offer food, other than I think some drinks, and ice cream bars... They do have a wonderful shaded picnic area, with a ton of picnic tables... We bring our cooler, with all different kinds of stuff, rolled meats and cheese, crackers, chips, and dips... Subs from publix or sandwich stuff... lots of drinks....I have seen families bringing in KFC, or Chicken from Publix... Last time we were there was a birthday party going on, and they had pizza delivered... I thought that was a pretty good idea..

You could always head over toward the beach, and Cape Canaveral and spend the day Kennedy space center... full day and really cool...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter