• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gatwick V-Room..... is it worth it ? - UPDATE

Disneynutinlondon

<font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t
For all those that have used the V-room please tell me if it was worth it both for convenience and financially.

We (me, DH and both sons age 16 & 14) are going at the end of September flying out Friday lunchtime. We normally do twilight check in and stay at the Hilton overnight and then grab a quick breakfast and get the 11:15am flight out. However this time due to the off peak trip there is only 1 flight leaving at 1pm so we plan doing online check in the day before and on driving down in the morning.

For the 4 of us to use the V-room would be £80 as the kids get charged adult price. There is no way would would spend that amount on breakfast but I wondered whether it was worth spending the extra money for the "special factor"

Any advice is welcome ..... thanks

UPDATE:

Thanks to all who posted. I've taken the plunge and booked it. I decided as we will be saving money by NOT staying at the Hilton this time as we are driving down 1st thing in the morning then I could splurge out on the V-room :rotfl2:

We did v room for the 1st time last trip and loved it, very relaxing not too crowded and all you can eat food, if you want to par take. I found it very relaxing as I knew my girls could wander around and not get lost. The cost is quite high tho.

We go to the no 1 lounge next door and find it great to relax as (can't believe I am saying this) there is only so much shopping you can do duty free. We usually use the Internet and make sure we eat so we don't have to have much of the plane food if we don't want it. Also we take a few drinks with us for the plane as it can be a while before drinks are served. We like it and when you work out how much it would cost for breakfast in the airport you are getting 3 hours in a lounge:rotfl2:

The V-room is excellent IMHO, Relaxing surroundings with great food and drink, lovely views of the runway, PS3s for the kids plus fast track security.
Maybe some will find better ways to spend £80 but for us it is worth every penny. :thumbsup2 and we will be using it again at the end of the month :woohoo:

we used it for the first time last year and we really loved it :thumbsup2 nice relaxing way to start the holiday. However, we got it for free as part of our package - I'm not sure whether I would have paid the money for all of us as it would have worked out quite expensive

The 'is it worth it' question is all relative. As others have said, it is a nice place to relax before your flight, the food offerings are good and it is great if you have kids as there is plenty for them to do.

However, if you aren't going to have long to wait before your flight (i.e. you did Twilight check-in and only plan to get to departures a couple of hours before, bearing in mind boarding normally begins an hour before, it's probably not worth it unless you are going to spend the full amount of time you are allowed (normally 3 hours) there.

We got it free as part of our package last time and we have since said that we would use it again but it would depend completely on circumstances and whether we had the 'spare' cash to pay for it or whether that money could be better spent elsewhere.

we have used it twice before and think its well worth the money. Just having a few drinks (tea, coffee, orange juice etc) and a breakfast makes it worth the money. We always do the twi-light check in and stay in the Hilton but find that this is a great way to relax and look out over the runway, read the papers (supplied) etc...Kid are catered for food wise and fun wise. Def better then just sitting with everybody else in the departure lounge waiting for the flight tobe called.:thumbsup2

do you eat at the airport? If like us you do (Frankie and Bennys in the past) and you all have a breakfast and drinks then you will pay about £50 for the four of you. To upgrade to V room is not much more and it means that you can eat your food, use the internet, watch the planes and have unlimited drinks in a relaxed atmosphere, definitely works for us. However, we have never been in any of the other lounges so can't compare,

OP I raised this same query on the dibb forum. All the responses were positive so have now booked it. Good luck with your decision but I like the sound of sitting back relaxing whilst the kids are safe and fast track to the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter