Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

Momofwishkid

DIS Veteran
Im am so excited to be making our pre-trip report finally. To me it feels as though I've been lurking and reading others trip reports forever. Ok, it's only been a few weeks :)
So let me start by introducing my little family to you all.
First there's me. My name is Jennifer (31)SAHM to 3 wonderful kids and recently started homeschooling.
DH- Joe (32) works in the HVAC (or air conditioning) field and a wonderful hubby and father.
DD-My oldest Kia (11) and still my little princess although she is definetley getting that Im almost a teenager attitude :rotfl:
DS- Gavin (8) the whole reason were getting to take this wish trip. Gavin was always a pretty healthy little boy other than the constant ear infections and severe exzema, he also had a slight developmental delay. Until this past August when he woke up seizing we toke him to the ER where they initially told us he had multiple brain tumors and was hemmoraging. He was air lifted to Children's in Seattle and we learned he has cavernous malformations. A rare disease where they develop abnormal blood vessels in the brain and spinal cord that get all tangeled up and form masses which slowly bleed and in some rare cases like ours they can rupture. So he had surgery to remove the mass that was hemmoraging (tennis ball size!!) and after 2 months in the hospital and rehab, since the surgery left his left side paralyzed. He is doing much better except for the numerous nerological issues. He still has 8-10 masses that we are doing monthly MRI's to monitor. At least already has a slow bleed on it so we have a long road ahead but Im thankful he's still here with us.
DS- Caiden (6) Is my little rebel. All boy and full of energy. Just constantley on the go but he has that side of him that's the sweetest little boy ever. Shhh dont tell him I know it's there! :)

So that's us. We met with our wish granters last week and with the help of a collage Gavin was able to express his wish to go to Disney World and meet Buzz and Woody from Toy Story and also Captain Jack sparrow! None of us have ever been but are sooo excited. We dont have our dates yet but it looks like somewhere between mid Feb. and mid March.
I cant wait to get started on our DFN's. I know I ran across a site that had ideas for DFN's but cant remember where it was :confused3 If anyone can help me with that link Id appreciate it.
Sorry this was a little long I hope you'll stick around and follow us on our little journey to the World!!
This pic is Gavin and I the day he was released from the hospital
pups5weeks052.jpg

and this is daddy and the kids at a local theme park
kids036.jpg

Hello Jennifer!! :)

I am so glad you guys are going to Disney on your wish trip!!

I can't wait to hear more about dates and help you guys plan! :)

Woo Hoo!

I will put a link to your report on the Wish Trippers Thread, too. (Blue link below)

Wonderful start to your PTR!!! I have a special place in my heart for Gavins! :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more !

Ah, the suspense of waiting for dates!:rolleyes1 I am actually making myself wait until we have our dates before I start the official PTR. Until then I just harass everyone on the Wish Trip thread. :lmao: Do you guys live in WA state? I have some family in Spokane and we are hoping for an eventual transfer (several possible locations) at some point. It's on my to-do list to find out what I can about the medical facilities, professionals, and the special ed in the schools there. Maybe you're my new contact?:worship: PM me if you have time!

Yeah! Another pre-trip...your fam sounds very sweet. Looking forward to following the thread :)

Hello Jennifer!! :)

I am so glad you guys are going to Disney on your wish trip!!

I can't wait to hear more about dates and help you guys plan! :)

Woo Hoo!

I will put a link to your report on the Wish Trippers Thread, too. (Blue link below)

Thanks for the welcome and for posting the link on the wish trippers board. How do we put a link in our siggies??

Wonderful start to your PTR!!! I have a special place in my heart for Gavins! :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more !

Thank you, I cant wait to start more planning once our dates become official. I read your story of precious Quinn and Gavin and was so touched. Im so sorry for the losses you have had. I to suffered to early miscarriges and understand the grief andhaving to deal with people just not getting it.

Ah, the suspense of waiting for dates!:rolleyes1 I am actually making myself wait until we have our dates before I start the official PTR. Until then I just harass everyone on the Wish Trip thread. :lmao: Do you guys live in WA state? I have some family in Spokane and we are hoping for an eventual transfer (several possible locations) at some point. It's on my to-do list to find out what I can about the medical facilities, professionals, and the special ed in the schools there. Maybe you're my new contact?:worship: PM me if you have time!

I know the waiting for dates is very suspensefull. I hope you get your soon. I had originally wanted to wait for dates before starting my PT report but got to excited :rotfl:
Yes, we live in Wa state and would be happy to help answer any questions you have. I'll send you a PM if I can figure it out.:)

We had our first DFN last night. Nothing to fancy we watched Dumbo and I made elephant ears for dessert. Yummy!! It had been awhile since I've seen Dumbo and forgot what a cute and sad movie it is. If we get our mid Feb. to mid March dates, we have 15 to 18 weeks of DFN's to go. I have to start working on a schedule of movies to watch. We own at least 20 Disney movies but I think I want to rent some we dont have just for that refresher. Any ideas for the best Mickey movie to watch. The kids all know Mickey and the crew but it's been awhile since we've actually watched anything Mickey.

Congrats on Gavin getting his wish! I remember the suspense of waiting for us as well as our dates were determined way back in June or July (I think) and our trip is in December. DFNs and a countdown calendar really have helped pass the time and increase the excitement for the trip! We have done a whole bunch of DFN's and if you're interested, you can check them out on my PTR. The link is in my signature at the bottom of this post. Most of the DFNs are linked on the first page so you won't have to wade through many pages of other stuff.

Congratulations again and Happy Planning!

Welcome! :welcome: I am glad Gavin was able to make a collage to express his wish and that they granted it. You will have so much planning and then going on your trip!

Congrats on Gavin getting his wish! I remember the suspense of waiting for us as well as our dates were determined way back in June or July (I think) and our trip is in December. DFNs and a countdown calendar really have helped pass the time and increase the excitement for the trip! We have done a whole bunch of DFN's and if you're interested, you can check them out on my PTR. The link is in my signature at the bottom of this post. Most of the DFNs are linked on the first page so you won't have to wade through many pages of other stuff.

Congratulations again and Happy Planning!

Thank you so much I will be checking out your PTR for ideas. I really need to spice my movie nights up. Are you the one that did the countdown with the mickey heads?? Love that!

Welcome! :welcome: I am glad Gavin was able to make a collage to express his wish and that they granted it. You will have so much planning and then going on your trip!

Thanks for the welcome. Our wish granters really liked the collage idea. Im reading your PTR report right now cant wait to hear more.

Thank you so much I will be checking out your PTR for ideas. I really need to spice my movie nights up. Are you the one that did the countdown with the mickey heads?? Love that!

Yes, I did do the mickey head countdown. I have also made one for another Wish Family. If you would like me to make one for your trip as well, I would be happy to do it! Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks for the welcome. Our wish granters really liked the collage idea. Im reading your PTR report right now cant wait to hear more.

Hi Jennifer...after your warm welcome to me I wanted to find your PTR and follow along with you.

Matty made a Wish book to help him convey his Wish. We printed px off different sites with all things Disney Christmas and put them together in a nice book to make sure no one misunderstood LOL Apparently it worked. It'll also be a nice memory to have (as will your collage).

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Yes, I did do the mickey head countdown. I have also made one for another Wish Family. If you would like me to make one for your trip as well, I would be happy to do it! Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Thank you so much! I sent you a PM.

Hi Jennifer...after your warm welcome to me I wanted to find your PTR and follow along with you.

Matty made a Wish book to help him convey his Wish. We printed px off different sites with all things Disney Christmas and put them together in a nice book to make sure no one misunderstood LOL Apparently it worked. It'll also be a nice memory to have (as will your collage).

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Welcome! Im glad you found your way to us. Just figured out how to ad a link in my signature. (if it works, that is). Im hoping to find a way to add Gavin's collage to a scrapbook I'll be making when we get back from our trip. Definetley a good memory. Your wish book sounds really fun too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter