• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gay Day at MK

Truly

Earning My Ears
Out of curiosity, have any of you ever visited Mk on Gay Day? I am currently planning for next yr, and was thinking of including this day in my itinerary. Any advice?

Try this site http://www.gaydays.com/ for a calender of events. I've not been during the first week of June before, but as I understand it there is very little difference to the attendance levels at the parks that week so your friend probably wouldn't even notice.

So, why not...

Regards

Rob

I tried to find that link for you, Truly - I know it's been posted here a couple of times before. I agree - I think it sounds fun. Hope you have a great time.

I,m on my way Truly, as long as Gay = fun:
:eek: :jester:
Why is there a Gay day @wdw, are Gays banned the other 364 days, just wondering, and if they are banned well,thats just wrong.
Fun 4 All:bounce: :bounce: :jester: :jester: :bounce: :bounce:

OMG!!!
I just looked at that link, someone should have warned me about the slideshow:eek: I need to rest now, have a little sleep, I don,t feel so good, I ve come over all queer. where,s that lemsip.

OK, I'll bite...

I looked at the slide show and couldn't see anything other than a group of (mainly young) people enjoying themselves in Orlando. Have I missed something that would make me need to lie down and imbibe Lemsip?

Regards

Rob

It's a pretty sensitive subject to be fishing for a bite! Perhaps a different pond would be more appropriate?

Regards

Rob

While we fortunately don't get many of them on this board there are a lot of people who hold what could be described as the veiws of a bigot on differing sexual preferences. On the other side of the fence those differing preferences feel they have to "defend" their choices because they feel under attack. Neither side is likely to change their views or opinions and it generally leads to unpleasant and unnecessary arguements. While you may be having a little fun "fishing" there will be others who do not concider the direction this can lead to be fun and they will get genuinely upset. For that reason I would respectfully ask that you refrain from "fishing" on this particular topic.

We try to keep this site for information and fun. There are many other sites where sports ( and even blood sports :) ) are more welcomed

Originally posted by flakey
Why sensitive:confused:

I think Vernon summed it up nicely. This is a really friendly board, designed to share views and news about holidaying in Orlando. TRhere's little value in straying from this purpose, in my opinion of course.

Regards

Rob

;)

I'm just back from WDW in the middle of what is termed (unofficially by Disney) the Gay Days. The parks seemed absolutely no different from usual (pretty busy at the moment) and Pleasure Island had a genuinely fun atmosphere. Some of the banter at the late show at Adventurers Club was probably a bit more 'adult' than most, but no worse than you'd get on Graham Norton's show, which can be wickedly funny, IMHO.

Then I shall look forward to it then, Simon!

Apologies to anyone I may have caused offence to.

Originally posted by Truly
Then I shall look forward to it then, Simon!

Apologies to anyone I may have caused offence to.

Truly, I don't think you have any need to apologise.

Regards

Rob

FYI, just returned from WDW. Mother and I are DVC members, and usually go this time of year. I am gay, and we did attend the MK on June 1. While there were a LOT of guys there wearing red shirts, I saw nothing inappropriate for a family park, and there were also a large number of traditional families. The park was crowded, but we were able to get on most attractions without too long of a wait, used Fastpass for Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. I did see a couple wearing black leather short-shorts. I felt sorry for them in the heat. The guys were much more pleasant and friendly than the crowd the following Tuesday, when Mom and I went back to catch the few rides we missed. On Tuesday people were pushing and shoving, and stopping right in front of her wheelchair, the park was PACKED with people. It was weird, we left and went over to EPCOT for the rest of the day. Mom liked Gay Day better, too.

So, if you don't find gay people totally objectionable to be around, I see no reason to avoid WDW during that time of year, whether you're gay or straight. I'm not trying to make any social statements, just wanted to offer a viewpoint of the parks from someone who was there.

Also, just wanted to let all of you in the UK know that the dates change some from time to time. Gay Day at the MK is ALWAYS the first Saturday of June, so while this year it was June 1, and immediately followed our US Memorial Day weekend, it will be June 7 next year, two weeks after Memorial Day weekend.

Truely don't worry !!!!!

We were in Magic Kingdom last year on the main Gay Day Saturday, & had NO problems.

It caused No problems for our 3 children either. Our youngest 8 thought all the red t-shirts were for red nose day!! But was fine with the explanation.

We did have our evening meal in Crystal Palace with Winnie Pooh etc. & it was busy. I'd say you wouldn't get in without a PS.
Worth bearing in mind if you're considering a sit down meal.

The park WAS busy but with short enough queues to get on all that we wanted.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter