• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gay Days 2010 "20th Anniversary"!!!

What did you have in mind?

With this much lead time, we could probably do something really cool.

Just bring a few bottles of booze and drink out of paper sacks while going back and forth on the ferry to the Magic Kingdom?

"Tailgate" in the MK parking lot with outdoor grills and coolers full of beer?

Cocktail reception someplace?

Dessert party at Epcot for Illuminations viewing?

Dessert party at the Grand Floridian for Wishes viewing?

Rent a Pleasure Island night club for a private party?

Book a 3 bedroom Grand Villa for a mix and mingle hospitality suite?

I like the Mix and Mingle hospitality suite idea. :banana:

I like the Mix and Mingle hospitality suite idea. :banana:

I think it's a great way to do a party. It's what we did the night before the BFGDW and people loved it.

I've just done some research. Depending on which DVC resort we look at a three bedroom grand villa is anywhere from 212 points to 236 points for Friday and Saturday nights. The 236 is, of course, for the Boardwalk which I think is the most conducive to this kind of party (the dining room and living room are all one "great room" and they open out onto the long balcony that looks out over the lake and has limited views of illuminations.

Here are some pix of the BWV grand villa
Here's a picture of the suite
20080928_0512.jpg

And here's the view from the balcony
20080928_0505.jpg

I think it's a great way to do a party. It's what we did the night before the BFGDW and people loved it.

I've just done some research. Depending on which DVC resort we look at a three bedroom grand villa is anywhere from 212 points to 236 points for Friday and Saturday nights. The 236 is, of course, for the Boardwalk which I think is the most conducive to this kind of party (the dining room and living room are all one "great room" and they open out onto the long balcony that looks out over the lake and has limited views of illuminations.

This idea sounds nice! Love the pictures too!

BFGDW?? what does that mean? lol. This is more reading than law school and i'm too tired to backtrack to figure out what it means!

HI EVERYONE! I LOVE U, and I MISS U ALREADY!

I have a couple of my own idears:
1) Cinderella's Royal Table!! Goddammit, we are planning a year in advance, we should be able to get a reservation!!!
2) Gay Days Magical Slumber Party Night in Cinderella's Castle. We know some disney insiders, where there is a will there is a way....

In addition to my own excellent and magnificent idears, i am all for the Villa Meet and Great (and was all for the pre-gaming in Magic Kingdom, until that got squashed)!!

Atlantic Dance Palace is fun, but JellyRolls is something Crazy! Maybe we can do a night there next year, JRs (See i can make acronyms too) is a friggen blast and would be even more fun with the gays!! Maybe we can make them have a fruity gay drink special for our night??? Any other JRs fans out there?

BFGDW?? what does that mean? lol.

Hey there! Welcome to the DIS gay and lesbian forum!

"BFGDW" refers to our "Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding" last September. Ceremony at the Adventurers Club, reception at Atlantic Dance.

The link to the trip report is in my signature.

Ah, thats funny, i was just reading about it and didn't put two and two together!! (Not the 1st time). It is a very touching thread and it is very cool to see a different kind of wedding!! And it is nice to meet a couple who I am sure misses the Adventurer's Club as much i as do!!

BFGDW?? what does that mean? lol. This is more reading than law school and i'm too tired to backtrack to figure out what it means!

HI EVERYONE! I LOVE U, and I MISS U ALREADY!

I have a couple of my own idears:
1) Cinderella's Royal Table!! Goddammit, we are planning a year in advance, we should be able to get a reservation!!!
2) Gay Days Magical Slumber Party Night in Cinderella's Castle. We know some disney insiders, where there is a will there is a way....

In addition to my own excellent and magnificent idears, i am all for the Villa Meet and Great (and was all for the pre-gaming in Magic Kingdom, until that got squashed)!!

Atlantic Dance Palace is fun, but JellyRolls is something Crazy! Maybe we can do a night there next year, JRs (See i can make acronyms too) is a friggen blast and would be even more fun with the gays!! Maybe we can make them have a fruity gay drink special for our night??? Any other JRs fans out there?

Hey STeve!! Great to see that you made it on!

This is the Steve who's in a bunch of pics in the gayday Photobucket account for those who dont know him LOL

Ah, thats funny, i was just reading about it and didn't put two and two together!! (Not the 1st time). It is a very touching thread and it is very cool to see a different kind of wedding!! And it is nice to meet a couple who I am sure misses the Adventurer's Club as much i as do!!

Ugh. Don't get me started on how much we miss the AdvClub. I'll go on for days and days. :rotfl:

STEEEEEVE!!!!! You finally made it over!! :cool1:

I just signed up here on this board but already feel at home with all the mention of cocktails. I think all of the people that have met me at Gay Days know I like my cocktails. Embellishment...It is a good thing.

I just signed up here on this board but already feel at home with all the mention of cocktails. I think all of the people that have met me at Gay Days know I like my cocktails. Embellishment...It is a good thing.

:rotfl2:

This crowd is all about booze, music, and skating the edge of being innuendo-y without getting in trouble (although sometimes we do anyways).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter