• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

gay week

lynnpooh

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been camping at FW last week May, first week of June during gay week?If you have what kind of behavior have you seen displayed at the swimming pool, campfire etc. Is it appropriate for kids to see? will there be any special activities at FW during gay week, specially for gays?

Hi Lynnpooh,

We were there this week in 2000. We did not see anything
out of the ordinary at all. I went to the gaydays website and
planned our schedule to miss the park of the day. We must
have missed the crowds because did not have any problems at all.
Just don't go to MK on that saturday, the crowds will be large.
We had a great time and would not hesitate to go at this
time again.

We often go that time of year, and you may see lots of rainbows and rainbow flags, but otherwise I've never noticed anything. I also check the website and try to avoid the busy park.

That being said, my 15-year-old nephew was uncomfortable last year. I think it was due to his age--he is SO 15--but I just wanted to alert you in case you have a teenaged male (and if you do, too, then you have my sympathies!) Oh, well, he'll outgrow it in about 6 years!!

Barbara
142 days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter