• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gaylord Palms Hotel/Opryland FL

Seahunt

DIS Veteran
The local news featured the opening of the new "Opryland" Orlando hotel called the "Gaylord Palms" - advertised as the largest hotel in the world under one roof. We passed the construction site in December on our way to Disney and ooohed and ahhhed over the size of it! It's on Osceola Parkway in Kissimmee. Check out the website - think it was www.oprylandfla.com

Cool, larger than the Marriott World Trade Center?

Is it on l92 or further south?

Herc.

Geez, I didn't mean to say world trade center,

I forget the exact name of the big Marriott.

Herc.

Gosh, I know the big Marriott you mean, and I don't know what parameters this place is using to claim largest (size of resort, or number of rooms), but their (Gaylord Palms) website says property is 65 acres, with 4 ACRES under glass! Wooooo....I know when we passed it in December our jaws dropped because it looked so immense! They also feature a Canyon Ranch Spa, and a 4,000 sq ft La Petite Kids Station. Photos on TV news of the inside were unbelievable. It's located about 1.5 miles from Disney Maingate at intersection of Osceola Parkway and South International Dr - straight shot from airports south exit - on SR417. News also said they've already smashed all pre-opening booking records with a huge number of new bookings clear into 2005!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter