GC Incentive if Housekeeping Declined? Update July 14 - Testing Concluded

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely. But, how many people know to rinse soda cans before putting them in the trash? Or to catch / sweep crumbs from breakfast, especially with kids?
We can be as nice as we like, and I am sure a lot of people would know to be extra careful of such things, but, I still foresee some issues.
I don't think everyone would know to do this either. Maybe people don't eat in their bed, but at Pop for example if new Murphy bed is down, there is no table. And there is no way to sweep crumbs off the floor. And some people are just (not to be impolite) slobs. Then there's the problem of using resort trash cans which will now stink and overflow from people using them to dump diapers and room trash/food.

absolutely. But, how many people know to rinse soda cans before putting them in the trash? Or to catch / sweep crumbs from breakfast, especially with kids?
We can be as nice as we like, and I am sure a lot of people would know to be extra careful of such things, but, I still foresee some issues.
Well, I live in the South, and my family doesn't rinse every can. Our cans are picked up once a week. And no, we don't have bugs. So cans not being rinsed aren't a problem. And honestly if they are, Disney will have to take care of that problem. I'm pretty sure if you are given a room covered in bugs, you would request a different room.

And people that don't sweep up crumbs from breakfast, even with kids, aren't going to be helped with daily housekeeping. Because those people are the same ones that don't sweep up after themselves at all. And those people are going to cause a mess where ever they go. They are also the ones that can be charged for extra cleaning when they check out.

I just don't see it as a big deal that some guests are turning down the option of housekeeping. Heck, some already do it. They simply leave the Do Not Disturb tag out.

If it doesn't work out, because people are pigs or because the rooms get trashed or whatever, Disney will stop offering the gift card. And if they don't stop offering it, the rooms will end up trashed and no one will want to stay in them. And Disney resorts will end up empty or full of messy people. Okay. No one is forcing anyone to stay at a Disney resort. If they are nasty, they are nasty. There are certainly hotel chains that I refuse to stay at.

I just wonder if this reduction in housekeeping will lead to a minimum night stay requirement. When people stay just one or two nights with DVC, it really increases the amount of housekeeping needed on those units. I have even read where some people would like a four or five night minimum stay with DVC just to avoid this and increasing their dues.

But also, I made a comment earlier about adding a resort fee to the resorts and DVC not having to pay that, but yes they do pay it. Its in their dues every year. So I imagine that Disney wants some "dues" paid to their other resorts as well. Translate "money grab".

Well, I live in the South, and my family doesn't rinse every can. Our cans are picked up once a week. And no, we don't have bugs. So cans not being rinsed aren't a problem. And honestly if they are, Disney will have to take care of that problem. I'm pretty sure if you are given a room covered in bugs, you would request a different room.

And people that don't sweep up crumbs from breakfast, even with kids, aren't going to be helped with daily housekeeping. Because those people are the same ones that don't sweep up after themselves at all. And those people are going to cause a mess where ever they go. They are also the ones that can be charged for extra cleaning when they check out.

I just don't see it as a big deal that some guests are turning down the option of housekeeping. Heck, some already do it. They simply leave the Do Not Disturb tag out.

If it doesn't work out, because people are pigs or because the rooms get trashed or whatever, Disney will stop offering the gift card. And if they don't stop offering it, the rooms will end up trashed and no one will want to stay in them. And Disney resorts will end up empty or full of messy people. Okay. No one is forcing anyone to stay at a Disney resort. If they are nasty, they are nasty. There are certainly hotel chains that I refuse to stay at.
I guess so. I don't know. I would prefer daily housekeeping (it is part of the running costs that I am paying to cover when I stay, and lets be honest, Disney hotel prices are already inflated), staff who are valued, and well cared for rooms. I can see the attraction of the GC< but, I think there will be very many behind the scenes down sides.

I guess so. I don't know. I would prefer daily housekeeping (it is part of the running costs that I am paying to cover when I stay, and lets be honest, Disney hotel prices are already inflated), staff who are valued, and well cared for rooms. I can see the attraction of the GC< but, I think there will be very many behind the scenes down sides.
And you may be right. If that is the case, Disney won't continue it. Not unless they want trashed resorts. And if that is what they want, people will start staying off site.

And you may be right. If that is the case, Disney won't continue it. Not unless they want trashed resorts. And if that is what they want, people will start staying off site.
More people might start staying offsite as well, when the resort fee (housekeeping) and parking fee are thrown in. With the rates already being ridiculously inflated, an extra $30-$40 a night will really add up.

More people might start staying offsite as well, when the resort fee (housekeeping) and parking fee are thrown in. With the rates already being ridiculously inflated, an extra $30-$40 a night will really add up.

Even if these imaginary fees happened, I doubt it. Off property hotels have resort fees and people apparently pay those.

They do. But the prices of many of the off-site hotels are not already inflated as much as Disney's prices.

The ones that I consider convenient and equivalent to the values are, though. I could get a choice hotel or motel 6 for a lot less, but not something with a shuttle or within walking distance. At least not at rack rate- it's always possible to use Priceline, I suppose.

The ones that I consider convenient and equivalent to the values are, though. I could get a choice hotel or motel 6 for a lot less, but not something with a shuttle or within walking distance. At least not at rack rate- it's always possible to use Priceline, I suppose.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but whenever I consider staying off site and look at those options the prices for comparable places really don't seem that much lower than staying on property. Especially when you add on the price of renting a car and parking both at the parks and the hotel you're staying at.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but whenever I consider staying off site and look at those options the prices for comparable places really don't seem that much lower than staying on property. Especially when you add on the price of renting a car and parking both at the parks and the hotel you're staying at.

That's been my experience too. I don't really like third party or auction sites, though, which I think a lot of folks here use.

So, is this an all or nothing thing? Would you be able to have housekeeping come in once in the middle of your stay? Or does it have to be for every single night of your stay?

I'm also curious about this as DH and I have a split stay coming up in a few months. I understand this is just testing at All Star Movies at the moment but just for giggles, let's assume it is offered at Sports in October while we are there. We are only staying there 3 nights. Does this mean we only get the option to opt out of two days of mousekeeping? Because we get there the first day so obviously the room has to be cleaned after the previous guests, two whole days we could opt out of, and then it would need to be cleaned on the day we leave.

I'd take $40 to forgo mousekeeping for two days. Sign me up.

Last time we stayed off site, we paid $17 for parking plus a $20 resort fee. Per night.

In addition, we paid to park at the park as well.

And yes, you are right. It really added up.

But I will say though, the first time visitors, the one and were done crowd, and such will probably not be phased by this at all. They will pay it without any regards to pricing. Just like they will spend more money on food, in the gift shops, up charge experiences and such. This is really who Disney really wants to be there, not the frequent flyers who budget, plan and know the best value of things.

I wonder if they will stop handling the grocery deliveries to the resorts for free too? Seems like a way to cut down on food messiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter