• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GC room question

DisneyMom1968

Mouseketeer
Leaving for DL in 16 days. I am staying at GC for the first time, and haven't been to DL in 10 years.
Can anyone give me some not to be missed ideas. Also I only got the standard view for our room... will I get to see anything good from the room?

Well, I'm certainly not an expert, but maybe this bump will bring you to the attention of someone who knows.

From what I hear, it's pretty hard to get a bad view at the GC. I wish I could give you more info than that!

By not to be missed ideas, do you mean at the GC itself? Or at the resort in general?

At the resort in general, definitely try the Blue Bayou--love the atmosphere! At CA, do the tortilla factory tour--free tortillas, hot from the oven. Yum! :love: You don't say if you're taking kids--if you are, then be warned that there is a water-spray area in Bountiful Valley Farms at CA, and kids tend to get soaked. I advise wearing sandals which will stand up to getting wet--TWICE my son has slogged through the park with soaking wet sneakers. Of course, staying at the GC, you can just run back to your room, but still...

Okay, I tend to run off at the mouth, so I'm cutting myself off now. :flower:

You will really enjoy the GC. It is really convenient. We have had some wonderful times there. Make sure to make some time to enjoy the resort! The pool is beautiful and the lobby area is really neat. If you are driving there parking is either valet (for an additional charge) or you can self park for free (well really not free it is included in the resort fee).
Enjoy the Electrical Parade at DCA and the new Block Party Bash too.
Have a magical time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter