GC Rooms - Bunk or Not

marvel

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We have bookings at the GC and tossing up between the bunk bed rooms or the two queens. Our kids are 5 and 7 and have never slept in bunks so wondering what advice people have?

Are the bunk rooms bigger or in better locations around the hotel?
We have theme park view booked but unsure which type of room to request.

Thanks. :sunny:

Bunk beds are usually an adventure for kids, especially if they've never had them before. I don't know if there are any theme park view rooms w/bunk beds, but if there are, it's a nice choice. The rooms are the same size as the others, but since the bunk beds are narrower than a queen, you have more room to move around in.

When we went in 2002 and we had only two kids then they were same exact age as your kids opposite sex. We thought the bunk beds would be cool! We immediately changed rooms though because they seemed odd and wobbly to me! The queen beds worked perfectly for us.

Last August we stayed in a park view room at GC with bunkbeds. Our daughters loved it. They had slept in the bunkbeds at Wilderness Lodge in WDW and liked them there too so we figured it would work at DL.

Our room was perfect. We were above the Napa Rose about 5 floors up. We were near the elevators so it was easy to get to the snack bar and close to the park entrance.

The bunk beds also have a trundle bed under the bottom bed. So, the room really sleeps 5. If one of the kids was scared of the top bunk they could always sleep on the trundle bed.

We were at the GC June 20 -25. We had a bunk bed room and my parents had an adjoining double queen room. They are the same size room. My kids really liked the bunks - our 5 yr old slept on the top bunk and our 2 yr old slept in the trundle bed. Worked well for us.

We stayed in room 3111, we overlooked the main entrance and could see the monorail and the DL hotel.. which is beautiful at night. The nice thing about these rooms was they were very quiet and pretty close to the elevators by the lobby.

I'm sure anywhere you choose will be awesome!

We stayed at WL in WDW when my 2 DSs were 2 and 4, and got the bunk beds. The boys loved them and I hadn't thought about the side benefit of more space to move around in the room until we got there. I think I was more enamored with having a bit more space than anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter