GCH early entry experience

DC to Disney

Mouseketeer
Here’s a quick trip report if anyone is interested. I’m staying at GCH right now. We tried the early entry yesterday and today. I’m not sure how early people get in line for security, but it’s before 6:45 am (that’s when I looked outside and saw the line both days). The earliest we were able to get ourselves in line was 7:15. The line is long, but it moves fast, and we were in DCA this morning at exactly 7:30 am. Getting to Disneyland takes a little longer, because you have to wait in 2 lines: security to get into Downtown Disney, and then the regular park entry along with everyone else who doesn’t have early entry but still gets there early to rope drop.

We went to DCA this morning. Between 7:30-10 am we were able to ride Webslingers (walk on) Guardians (walk on), TSMM (walk on), Incredicoaster (10 min), the Pixar wheel (5 min), Soarin’ (10 min) and Grizzly River Run (5 min). After that we took a break to get second breakfast and go to the hotel pool. We did pretty much everything we wanted to do in 2.5 hours, except Cars Land, because we want to go back to do it at night.

Yesterday in Disneyland we did Buzz Lightyear (twice), Star Tours, Autopia, MFSR, ROTR, BTMR, Pirates, and Splash Mtn before noon. Then we took a lunch/pool break. After dinner we went back and rode Indy, and watched Fantasmic!, the fireworks, and the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Here’s a quick trip report if anyone is interested. I’m staying at GCH right now. We tried the early entry yesterday and today. I’m not sure how early people get in line for security, but it’s before 6:45 am (that’s when I looked outside and saw the line both days). The earliest we were able to get ourselves in line was 7:15. The line is long, but it moves fast, and we were in DCA this morning at exactly 7:30 am. Getting to Disneyland takes a little longer, because you have to wait in 2 lines: security to get into Downtown Disney, and then the regular park entry along with everyone else who doesn’t have early entry but still gets there early to rope drop.

We went to DCA this morning. Between 7:30-10 am we were able to ride Webslingers (walk on) Guardians (walk on), TSMM (walk on), Incredicoaster (10 min), the Pixar wheel (5 min), Soarin’ (10 min) and Grizzly River Run (5 min). After that we took a break to get second breakfast and go to the hotel pool. We did pretty much everything we wanted to do in 2.5 hours, except Cars Land, because we want to go back to do it at night.

Yesterday in Disneyland we did Buzz Lightyear (twice), Star Tours, Autopia, MFSR, ROTR, BTMR, Pirates, and Splash Mtn before noon. Then we took a lunch/pool break. After dinner we went back and rode Indy, and watched Fantasmic!, the fireworks, and the Main Street Electrical Parade.
Thank you! We're really excited for our trip in October and to try out Early Entry.

Did you use Genie plus at all in the morning?

Did you use Genie plus at all in the morning?
We used a LL to ride ROTR at 11:30 am. Other than that, we used standby in the morning. Our longest waits were 20 minutes for BTMR and MFSR. We went to Tomorrowland first (during EE time), then Galaxy’s Edge for MFSR, then over to BTMR and Splash, Pirates, and then back to Galaxy’s Edge for ROTR. We also took a snack break around 10:30 am.

At DCA, we were able to ride Webslingers and Guardians before 8 am, which helped a lot. The waits for those rides jumped up quickly after that. Our second stop was Pixar Pier, which was still pretty quiet when we arrived. Then we headed over to Soarin’ and Grizzly River Run. Grizzly was still only a 5 minute wait at that point.

Thanks for the report. This confirms what we have been planning for our trip in December.

We tried early entry twice last week from GCH. For the Downtown Disney entrance, you will be fine if you get to the line by 7am. It does move fast. Quick tip, when you get to the bag check, there are tow checkers on the right and only one on the left, always go right. DCA entrance was pretty easy. Not many there compared to Downtown Disney.

Can anyone help me . What days can I use early entry ?
Can I use it on day of arrival to hotel and on check out day ?
We are only getting a 2 day pass and staying two nights and I’d love to have a day off in the middle to relax

Hi, I was just checking in to see if the advice to get in line by 7am for 7:30am early entry still holds true. I'll be staying at GCH beginning next Friday and my teenagers will want to line up at the latest possible time to get in at 7:30. Thanks in advance for any updates!

Hi, I was just checking in to see if the advice to get in line by 7am for 7:30am early entry still holds true. I'll be staying at GCH beginning next Friday and my teenagers will want to line up at the latest possible time to get in at 7:30. Thanks in advance for any updates!
If you don’t have bags to check you can walk straight to the back of the line up area and go right through. No wait. The downfall is that there is no separate entry gates for early morning so you still have to wait in line with people not doing early entry. When I was there last week the gate opening time was inconsistent.

Did you use Genie+ for any of the rides you mentioned?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter