GCH First Time!!

My family completed our first (but not last) trip to Disneyland in March and also stayed at GCH. You are going to LOVE the hotel and location.

You have access to both entrances, with the DL entrance being a short walk through Downtown Disney and the California Adventure entrance is actually just outside one of the GCH doors.

Have a great time!!!!

First trip to Disneyland and staying at GCH for the first time! Excited and can't wait. I have a lot of threads to read but do we have access to both park entrances from the hotel? Any other tips are appreciated for a first timer.
Thanks.
No. Only direct access to DCA. To access the Esplanade and DL's front gate, you need to either go through: (1) the GCH exit to DTD; or, (2) exit DCA's front gate. If the monorail is operational, you can enter DL in Tomorrowland via the monorail. To access the monorail from GCH, you must traverse through DTD. It would be shorter and more efficient to use the DL front gate from the GCH building rather than the monorail. But, nonetheless, the monorail is an access point when operational.

No. Only direct access to DCA. To access the Esplanade and DL's front gate, you need to either go through: (1) the GCH exit to DTD; or, (2) exit DCA's front gate. If the monorail is operational, you can enter DL in Tomorrowland via the monorail. To access the monorail from GCH, you must traverse through DTD. It would be shorter and more efficient to use the DL front gate from the GCH building rather than the monorail. But, nonetheless, the monorail is an access point when operational.
I misread your initial question. You can get to the front entrance to DCA through the GCH DTD exit. Other threads have stated that using the front entrance at DCA is better for accessing certain lands at RD.

To access the Esplanade and DL's front gate, you need to either go through: (1) the GCH exit to DTD; (2) exit DCA's front gate.
Use caution with #2 if you have just entered DCA from the GCH (ie- don't go in the GCH entrance to DCA, walk straight out to the main gates and exit to go to Disneyland). They have a flag for tickets scanned at entrances to both parks within a 15 minute window that will require a manager or lead to approve your access to the second park. So don't use the GCH entrance to DCA as a "shortcut" to the DL main gates unless you plan to take some time or make some stops along the way. Obviously, this only applies to PH tickets and after 1pm parkhopping starts but is still something to be aware of.

First trip to Disneyland and staying at GCH for the first time! Excited and can't wait. I have a lot of threads to read but do we have access to both park entrances from the hotel? Any other tips are appreciated for a first timer.
Thanks.
Staying here in 5 weeks with my 3 favorite ladies. Looking so forward to it. We have stayed at WL quite a few times over the years and are really looking forward to making the GCH our home for a few nights. Enjoy!

Thanks.
On our first stay at GCH we were assigned a room the FARTHEST from the lobby.
Once in the hotel lobby, the walk to the room at the end of the day was excruciating.
Now we ALWAYS request a room near the lobby.
Here's a map for you to see the hotel rooms
You will have a fine time staying at the GCH!

Attachments

• GCH 2018-04-26 001 map with room numbers-1.jpg
    GCH 2018-04-26 001 map with room numbers-1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 35

On our first stay at GCH we were assigned a room the FARTHEST from the lobby.
Once in the hotel lobby, the walk to the room at the end of the day was excruciating.
Now we ALWAYS request a room near the lobby.
Here's a map for you to see the hotel rooms
You will have a fine time staying at the GCH!
This happened to us as well! We had 3 little girls, were assigned a room the furthest distance from the lobby you could have, and that walk was a KILLER. Since then, I've always requested a room either near the lobby or an elevator bank. I don't care about the view at GCH as much as I care how easy it is to get to and from the room.

BTW, those 3 little girls are now 19, 19, and 22 :)

Definitely check out the Super Thread for the GCH! It has such amazing insight and info. Many people do mini reviews and post pics as well. Check out the most recent 3-4 pages. https://www.disboards.com/threads/grand-californian-super-thread.2396588/

I’ll be there in October w/ hubby and friends for a mini staycation to soak up the Halloween vibes. No OBB tickets this year, we wanted to just be able to enjoy all of the other resort Fall/Halloween amenities. We’re also using the Verandah this trip as well as the spa. I hope to post some pics and info from our stay. We love it at GCH and stay there 2-3 times a year. 🧡🍁🎃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter