GCH Lost and Found

Jillikins

Functional Disney-oholic
Checked out of GCH after a 4-day stay this morning and just realized that I left several pieces of important/beloved jewelry in the hotel room safe. I didn’t remember it until my son asked me about it this evening when we checked into our next hotel.

I submitted a lost & found report on the website but would love it if anyone could give me hope that I’ll get back my stuff safe and sound. Pixie dust needed now more than ever.

OMG - replying to my own post here … I made a lost-and-found report on the Disney site which suggested a 48-hour response time. I was really heartbroken about this but I knew that my sister-in-law was still at the park after we left. I called her and asked her to check in at GCH to see if she could find out any news.

They told her that:

1) they could see that I had been the only person to access the safe, so that was good news!
2) housekeeping did not notice that the safe had been locked during their room turnover, so …
3) the room had been assigned to new guests, who had checked in already!

The GCH staff told my SIL that they could not do anything until the new guests checked out (!!!) - which I guess, I understand, even if it frustrated me to no end. Given that my SIL was still on property … she went and knocked on their door and they WERE IN THE ROOM! They let her open the safe with my code and she retrieved all of my jewelry!!!

I am so so so grateful for the fact that the next set of guests were in the room at the moment and that they did not turn her away. Faith in the magic of Disney is restored!! What a whirlwind of emotion.

OMG - replying to my own post here … I made a lost-and-found report on the Disney site which suggested a 48-hour response time. I was really heartbroken about this but I knew that my sister-in-law was still at the park after we left. I called her and asked her to check in at GCH to see if she could find out any news.

They told her that:

1) they could see that I had been the only person to access the safe, so that was good news!
2) housekeeping did not notice that the safe had been locked during their room turnover, so …
3) the room had been assigned to new guests, who had checked in already!

The GCH staff told my SIL that they could not do anything until the new guests checked out (!!!) - which I guess, I understand, even if it frustrated me to no end. Given that my SIL was still on property … she went and knocked on their door and they WERE IN THE ROOM! They let her open the safe with my code and she retrieved all of my jewelry!!!

I am so so so grateful for the fact that the next set of guests were in the room at the moment and that they did not turn her away. Faith in the magic of Disney is restored!! What a whirlwind of emotion.
Yay! So happy you got your items back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter