• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GCH question

thatgirl'smom

Earning My Ears
I was looking at one of Mary Jo's maps and I was wondering... where is the self park for the hotel? We are staying there in May and would prefer not to valet park. I've read that GCH self parking is a long haul from the hotel... true?

:disrocks:

Self park for DGCH is directly across the street (Disneyland Drive) from the hotel. Not too long a walk, unless you're lugging a LOT of baggage. You could make mulitple trips, if you had to.

When you check in/out of the Grand Californian, you can park near the entrance in the Registration lot for about 15 minutes or so. From there, you can take your luggage from your car to the hotel. You can do the same thing when you check out, which is what I do when I stay there.

The GC parking lot is across the street, but it's a 5-minute walk, if that. The DL Hotel parking is farther from the Sierra Tower when you stay there, so it's all relative.

Self parking is actually very close. You can drive up to the resort and unload your luggage and leave it with a member of your party (wife and kids), drive across the street and park, and walk back within the space of a couple of minutes. If for some reason you are the only one in the car, or you want to keep your family with you and have them walk back to the hotel with you, then you drive up to the hotel entrance, a bellman will store your luggage, give you a claim tag and you can go on your way.
Even if we self park, we almost always leave our luggage with a bellman.

Have a fun trip!

Enjoy life and great vacations!
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter