Geeky coordinating outfits

Crl1817

Mouseketeer
Does anyone do this?

We bought the photo pass cd last time we went, which I gather has morphed into memory maker. I think we will probably buy that this time. So I'd like a lot of decent pictures--well, I'd like a lot of decent pictures anyway. ;).

Last time, I coordinated us a couple of days: all wearing some shade of blue tops at Epcot (just because we all already had blue) and all wearing either red or black at Chef Mickey's. I though those pictures turned out particularly cute.

Does anyone else do this? What have you done?

It will be me, dh, ds age 11 and dd age 4. None of us will wear costumes per se, though dd and I will dress up if we manage to snag a perfectly princess tea party reservation.

Hi there!
We had 1 day of our 9 day trip where we were all in disney theme t-shirts, however, my girls 2 and 5 wore coordinating outfits almost every day. Have fun!!

I think I would take the lead of your DS. How willing is he to all dress alike? Some boys that age will be all for it and others, "no way". Matching or at least matching theme t-shirts might be your answer. Everyone in mickey t-shirts at MK, and everyone in Donald at AK etc. We have done that and because we have a disney outlet close to home and a BIL that works there it was pretty inexpensive and easy. One year we did all have matching polo shirts, mine a girls style and the guys a guys style. You could also have matching mickey ears or hats. The trip we all had completely matching shirts was the year of a million dreams and we did get a ton of attention that year. We got to open the MK and we got some of the extra free FP. Don't count on anything but it was a extra special trip for us.

As long as I limit myself to solid color t-shirts for him, ds won't care. I can probably even get away with one polo shirt for Christmas Day. Now, if I try to make him wear something besides jeans and tennis shoes, that would be a different story. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions for colors? I don't know if there is a color scheme that makes sense for each park either because of disney tradition or because of the scenery. We will be doing Epcot, MK and AK this time. I hope to have Askerhus and Chef Mickey ADRs.

Our DS is only 2 so who knows if he'll be willing to do stuff like this in the future. But we are a bit of geek family anyway, so we tend to have matching geek-type shirts. We went to the zoo last weekend with all three of us wearing Green Lantern T-shirts. DH also has a batman shirt he likes to wear with DS in a Robin shirt, and of course, the required Superman shirts abound.

I did buy these shirts for our Disney trip. It seemed to be the ONLY shirt at Disney Store online that had a women's, men's, and child's version.

http://www.disneystore.com/world-of-disney-tee-for-women/mp/1353677/1000228/

I bought iron on paper and plan on making some T-shirts for our trip as well if I have the time. Mainly just simple Mickey Ears, or our names with the Disney backrounds (see DISigns board for ideas), although, I have a cute design I made for when we go to AK with Donald tracking footprints that lead to Tigger. Nice thing about that, you can add extra things - like for DS, I'm putting the words "First Trip" on all the T-shirts I plan on making for him.

Oh, I like the idea of plain Mickey's ears ironed on to a plain shirt. That's clever! Maybe all of us in red shirts with Mickey ears if I get Chef Mickey's.

I see the theming for Animal Kingdom has a lot of green. Hmm, green for Christmas Day at animal kingdom. Or maybe red again so it stands out agains the backdrop?

Epcot pictures seem to have a lot of blue sky in them. . . . .

I did that on our first day at MK last year. This year, with the help of DiSigners, my family will have 2-3 sets of personalized t-shirt for our trip. On other days, I wear my collection of Disney t-shirts and my girls in coordinating colors.

Now, you make me think of matching color at Chef Mickey's too......great idea. Thanks.

I'd love to do this but DH is firmly against it! I never considered just coordinating colors instead of full blown matching shirts. He might go for that!

Well, dh vetoed the Mickey ears on white t-shirts, which I think sounds fabulous. Oh and his immediate counter proposal was to have everyone wear bright orange San Francisco Giants shirts--he knows how great I look in orange :rolleyes:

He agreed to a red shirt on Christmas pretty easily. So now I think I can talk him into black for Chef Mickey's and maybe even blue for Epcot. He is usually willing to trade foot rubs for doing what I want. :rotfl:

I won't even try for all exactly the same shirt, easier to find and easier to talk everyone into it if it's just the same color--dd might even be in a dress or tunic some days.

We did last year for 9 days of our 10 day trip. I picked an matching color combo each day that went along with any main even or area we were going to focus on and then had those colors put into the outfits for each of us (5). So the day we did BBB and CRT we wore a combo of light blue, darker blue and white. Not all of our outfits were the same, just bits and pieces of coloring so the photos looked great especially when we had the pic to match with Cindy herself!

Well, dh vetoed the Mickey ears on white t-shirts, which I think sounds fabulous. Oh and his immediate counter proposal was to have everyone wear bright orange San Francisco Giants shirts--he knows how great I look in orange :rolleyes:

He agreed to a red shirt on Christmas pretty easily. So now I think I can talk him into black for Chef Mickey's and maybe even blue for Epcot. He is usually willing to trade foot rubs for doing what I want. :rotfl:

I won't even try for all exactly the same shirt, easier to find and easier to talk everyone into it if it's just the same color--dd might even be in a dress or tunic some days.

Nothing says you can't do really tiny Mickey Ears on some of your shirts and not his. You could do them about 1-2 inches tall over on the left or right. Doesn't have to be a giant head in the middle of the chest. ;)

I'm traveling this time with extended family and want to do cool tshirts. DH will NOT do anything matchy and maybe not even nothing Mickey (thinks it's silly and won't wear that type of shirt ever in real life, so won't waste the $$) others in the group will do Disney shirts, but not all exact matches.

My solution is to get DH to wear at least the main color the rest of us will have (red on the day we do red/black Mickey ears, tan/green when we all wear safari type stuff in AK) there are some great designs for download or purchase on the DISign boards or elsewhere on the web. I like Star Wars themed Mickey ear iron ons for our DHS day and safari hat Mickey ear iron/sew on for AK and Hawaiian shirts for O'hana dinner day. All these can be done on different color shirts or with everyone choosing a different classic character the same day to be coordinated but not identical.

1528722_10202127873772162_1687436810_n.jpg
[/URL]
Here is a pic from our last trip! We had a lot of fun wearing this matching shirt!

I always plan each day what the kids and I are wearing. Each outfit goes in a ziplock with clothes, hair stuff etc, and bags are labeled with date and park. Each morning the bag is pulled out all clothes coordinate and pictures look great. Makes getting ready in the morning a snap

Our last trip, we had matching outfits for the entire family for 3 days, the kids had coordinating outfits every day.

We will be about the same on the upcoming trip. It takes me a while to coordinate all the outfits to meals/parks/events, but I enjoy it.

I may coordinate the kids while they are young, but DH wouldn't want to wear a coordinating outfit. I think young kids in matching outfits is such a cute thing! So yeah, once we have our second child I will be thinking about this!

Hmm, zip locks with days labelled for the kids. . . . That might be especially nice the three days I am bound and determined to make rope drop.

I do the bags too. I get the super big ones and put both of our outfits for the day in one. So yes, we do coordinate. We never actually match, but we wear Mickey on the same day, Superhero shirts on the same day, etc.

We got SO MUCH attention the day we wore our coordinating TARDIS (Doctor Who) shirts to Disneyland, lol!!

Part of the reason I do it is because it's easier to plan that way and also if he ever gets lost, I won't have to worry about remembering how he's dressed because it's similar to me!

I have been know to do this a couple days during each vacation. It results in wonderful group photographs which is the main reason I do it. It also really does make it easier to identify a member of your group from the crowd!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter