Geen Yight - She's Out of Sight: A Trip of Leaps and Bounds

Welcome back! Checked in on some of the Facebook updates, seems a good time was had by all.

Both my husband and I are teachers and he tutors a lot privately for extra money. One place we found that would let us advertise (it was also very helpful) was our local teacher school. Our store has a bulletin board where you could place an ad. Also, he contacted local libraries and they put him on their list and allowed us to place an ad there as well. We also got FREE business cards printed from Vista Print. [/COLOR]

Home safe and sound but with a busy few days/weeks ahead!
Hopefully you're still all on a post-Disney high, and you can look forward to looking back through all your photos when everything quietens down.

Hi MeMom & Jill,

I had a lazy day sitting in the sun and reading magazines and came across this recipe for "rainbow cake." I immediately thought of you guys with your love of Pop Century's tie dyed cheesecake and also your super fun ways of having Disney celebrations at home. Maybe this recipe will come in handy for one of your future celebrations. :goodvibes

Rainbowcake-1.jpg

So sorry about the link. Facebook only lets you upload 100 pics per mobile album so I must have hit that limit sometime on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Here is the link to the rest of them.

:thanks: Thanks so much for sharing the rest of the pics! I think it is so kind of you to take time to share these with me!

I am so happy Bella is more comfortable around the characters now....so cute! :goodvibes

I spotted Trent in his spiffy wedding tux....hope it was a perfect day for the newlyweds! I love weddings! :thumbsup2

Welcome home ladies!

I loved following along with your trip on FB and I can't wait to read and see the details here.

I hope you all had a good time at the wedding.:goodvibes

I sure am missing my FB and texted pictures this week. Now I will really go into withdrawals!:laughing:

I hope you are able to figure something out with your part-time job situation. Before I went back to teaching I had an offer to work at a Sylvan near me. But, they wanted me there at 4 and John doesn't get off until 4:30 so I couldn't do it. I should've checked out the Y because I could have taken the kids with me. Oh well. Maybe when I retire...:rolleyes:

Hi! Welcome back! I've been lurking some and have enjoyed all your updates. Brooklynn and Bella remind me so much of my 2 girls - I have a big 4 year old and a small 1 year old who is scared to get close to characters. I'm happy to hear Bella warmed up to them this trip! Can't wait to hear more! But don't hurry - it sounds like you all have a LOT on your plates! We'll all wait patiently :goodvibes

We will get started as soon as possible. Jill has to work until way late tomorrow night and has a staff meeting Thursday night. It could be next weekend, even. I think we're still catching up on sleep a little, too. I drove in to church this morning from Huntsville, and I was sitting there sort of in a fog at one point just hoping it wasn't obvious to everyone else that I was a zombie. ;)

Welcome home MeMom, Jill & family. It sounds like you all had a great time. I loved seeing Bella standing with the characters.:cutie:

Thank you so much for sending the text pictures. It really made my day!!

Have fun at the wedding. I hope you are having a sunny glorious day as we are here in NH. Beautiful sunshine & a nice breeze.:cloud9:

It is sunny here, and pretty warm. 90-ish, I think.

I was glad to see Bella go up to Fairy Godmother with her autograph book and continue standing fairly close to her.

Welcome back! Checked in on some of the Facebook updates, seems a good time was had by all.

Thanks. We had fun. Now we start helping you count down.

Both my husband and I are teachers and he tutors a lot privately for extra money. One place we found that would let us advertise (it was also very helpful) was our local teacher school. Our store has a bulletin board where you could place an ad. Also, he contacted local libraries and they put him on their list and allowed us to place an ad there as well. We also got FREE business cards printed from Vista Print. [/COLOR]

That would be ideal. I could set my own schedule and make more money. This is really beginning to look like a better option.

Home safe and sound but with a busy few days/weeks ahead!
Hopefully you're still all on a post-Disney high, and you can look forward to looking back through all your photos when everything quietens down.

I've got Disney music playing in the background. I left some things in my suitcase - ponchos, moleskin, odds & ends that I I use in WDW. I'm going to use a Nemo them for my classroom when I set it up in a few weeks. I pretty much stay Disney focused. :wizard:

Hi MeMom & Jill,

I had a lazy day sitting in the sun and reading magazines and came across this recipe for "rainbow cake." I immediately thought of you guys with your love of Pop Century's tie dyed cheesecake and also your super fun ways of having Disney celebrations at home. Maybe this recipe will come in handy for one of your future celebrations. :goodvibes

Rainbowcake-1.jpg

You know, I just saw cupcakes done like this in a magazine right before we left on our trip. They're so cute!

:thanks: Thanks so much for sharing the rest of the pics! I think it is so kind of you to take time to share these with me!

I am so happy Bella is more comfortable around the characters now....so cute! :goodvibes

I spotted Trent in his spiffy wedding tux....hope it was a perfect day for the newlyweds! I love weddings! :thumbsup2

All the guys looked handsome last night. It was a very simple, sweet wedding, and Spencer and his new bride or now in Daytona for their honeymoon.

Welcome home ladies!

I loved following along with your trip on FB and I can't wait to read and see the details here.

I don't even know the picture total. Jill loaded them all on her computer, but I haven't done that yet.

Glad you got home safely. It sounds like you had some wonderful family time . Can't wait to read the trip report.

I cried my eyes out when I left my girls this morning. Thankfully, Brooklynn was still asleep, and Bella had just gotten up. She was still half asleep, so she didn't know, either. I love being with those girls, and if it is time in WDW, then it's even better.

I hope you all had a good time at the wedding.:goodvibes

I sure am missing my FB and texted pictures this week. Now I will really go into withdrawals!:laughing:

I hope you are able to figure something out with your part-time job situation. Before I went back to teaching I had an offer to work at a Sylvan near me. But, they wanted me there at 4 and John doesn't get off until 4:30 so I couldn't do it. I should've checked out the Y because I could have taken the kids with me. Oh well. Maybe when I retire...:rolleyes:

Someone else will take over the picture-sending duties, I'm sure.

I have tossed around the Y stuff until I'm crazy. :crazy2:
John did the Math and said it wouldn't even be worth it. Jill says it'll be too much with all of my school obligations. If I could just get a couple of really not too large bills paid off, I wouldn't even need it so much, so part of me wants to do it just long enough to get those things paid off. I don't know which way to go.

MeMom, I'm not sure if you saw this on Facebook yet, but the glasses are back! I for sure thought that they were lost or broken, but my dad found them. He and my mom are leaving for Scotland tomorrow and my mom was trying to talk him out of bringing them. They will for sure be coming with us to Disney in January! :laughing:

Welcome back! I happy to hear that you made it home safely and that you had a wonderfully magical vacation, but I'm still sorry it had to end!

Jill- Thank you so much for taking time out from your vacation to post pictures on facebook. It was so exciting for me to log on and see what you were up to, thank you for sharing pictures from our favorite place. I almost felt like I was on vacation too! :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed them. I know I enjoy sharing the magic when others are there.

Hi MeMom & Jill,

Rainbowcake-1.jpg

That is super cute and looks super easy.

No problem. I felt bad that I didn't realize it had changed albums until I got home.

Don't worry about it...I still luv ya!

Just wanted to pop in to share a little unexpected Disney moment I had tonight.....
Lexi and I were watching Gnomeo & Juliet and there was a scene when the Enchanted "Tiki-Tiki-Tiki room" song came on..we looked at each other and both started to laugh.
It's a cute movie...reminds me of a little gnome in my Grammas garden.
I used to play with it every time we went to visit when I was a little girl. :)

It sure is great when a Disney reference can just appear anytime...anyplace in our everyday lives usually when we least expect it. Puts a smile on my face. ;)

MeMom, I'm not sure if you saw this on Facebook yet, but the glasses are back! I for sure thought that they were lost or broken, but my dad found them. He and my mom are leaving for Scotland tomorrow and my mom was trying to talk him out of bringing them. They will for sure be coming with us to Disney in January! :laughing:

I am very excited to hear that! :laughing: I was hoping that maybe Santa would bring him some new ones before the January trip, but it's all good now. Are you guys still going down around the 3rd or 4th? You'll be picking up the fun where we leave off on the 2nd. :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed them. I know I enjoy sharing the magic when others are there.

That is super cute and looks super easy.

No problem. I felt bad that I didn't realize it had changed albums until I got home.

We'll have to give that cake a try soon.

I tried to load pictures on my laptop yesterday, and it wouldn't take them for some reason. I'm going to try again today.

Hope you make it through this long, long day. I'm getting ready to go down to SAM'S to grab a load for camp. Talk to you later.

Don't worry about it...I still luv ya!

Just wanted to pop in to share a little unexpected Disney moment I had tonight.....
Lexi and I were watching Gnomeo & Juliet and there was a scene when the Enchanted "Tiki-Tiki-Tiki room" song came on..we looked at each other and both started to laugh.
It's a cute movie...reminds me of a little gnome in my Grammas garden.
I used to play with it every time we went to visit when I was a little girl. :)

It sure is great when a Disney reference can just appear anytime...anyplace in our everyday lives usually when we least expect it. Puts a smile on my face. ;)

I think Jill was going to buy that for the girls, but I don't know if she has gotten it yet.

Believe me, Jill and I understand finding Disney in just about anything. Our guys make fun of us often for being able to twist anything just enough for it to have a Disney connection. ::yes::

Good morning! I am so glad you got back safely. I saw on FB that Jill was having a hard time with her car. I hope everything is fixed now. Can't wait to start the report, but do understand about life being hectic. I am leaving for vacation early next week so I may not get to reply at first, but will catch up with the report when I get back. Have a great week!

Welcome back!! I find it so hard to adjust back to normal life after our return. Thank goodness for new trips on the horizon!

Jill, thanks for the facebook updates. I had fun following your adventure.

Good morning! I am so glad you got back safely. I saw on FB that Jill was having a hard time with her car. I hope everything is fixed now. Can't wait to start the report, but do understand about life being hectic. I am leaving for vacation early next week so I may not get to reply at first, but will catch up with the report when I get back. Have a great week!

She took the girls to do some school shopping for Brooklynn, and while she was trying to go from one store to another, the gear shift thing wouldn't work. Two people who have some knowledge of cars seem to think it will be a relatively easy fix, so we will hope they know what they are talking about. ::yes:: She's got to work her regular school day plus a CPR/First Aid training until late tonight, so she's jumping back into real life in a big way. I only have to do a SAM'S run for camp, so I have it a lot easier than she does today.

:woohoo: for you getting ready to go on vacation. I know it is much needed and deserved!

Welcome back!! I find it so hard to adjust back to normal life after our return. Thank goodness for new trips on the horizon!

Jill, thanks for the facebook updates. I had fun following your adventure.

It is really hard when I have to go straight back to school, but easier in the summer time when I still have some leisure time.

Jill was happy to share the Disney fun with you guys as we went along. We enjoy following along with others when they are there, so we are happy to return the favor.

Welcome home everyone!

I am not on facebook so I have to wait very patiently for someone to start a trip report:surfweb:

I can't wait to hear all about it.

As I was just finalizing my shopping list for camp, I thought about this cake. I'm going to make some for our campers next week. They'll love it! :goodvibes

Welcome home everyone!

I am not on facebook so I have to wait very patiently for someone to start a trip report:surfweb:

I can't wait to hear all about it.

My laptop is doing nothing when I put in an SD card, so I don't know what is going on. It usually brings up the little box to import pictures, but there is nothing anywhere. It's done fine before, so I'll have to get someone to figure it out for me. Jill has them all loaded on her laptop, but now she had to get the time to get them on Photobucket, or I have to figure out what's going on here. Thanks for the patience. :)

I'm sitting here listening to Disney music as I make out my camp shopping list and remembering that this time last week we were in a park. I'm never really over the trip until I stop playing This Time Last Week. Then, I really do have to give in and give it up. :sad1:

The cake is super easy! I made a red, white, and blue one for the fourth and it turned out really cool! And if I can get a cake to turn out good, then anyone can! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter